I have a 2000 Suncruser with basement air that I love. I have a gas funerance that I hate. Problem is I don't want the gas funerance to come on at all at anytime. How can I simply cut it out of the system?

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

Remove the fuse that supplies power to the furnace? If that isn't practical you could also lift the 12V lead from the terminal block where it connects, usually found inside of the rear access panel for the furnace. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

If I take the wire off at the Furnace  will it affect how the Thermostat works or mess with the gas? I understand the concept wonder if anyone has done this for themselves? 

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

Since the LP furnace and Coleman-Mach heat pump operation are tied together via the thermostat; when below a certain temperature the thermostat turn on both units until the inside temperature and outside temperature reach a specified range. When the basement unit begins to freeze up the 'stat turns it off until the outside temperature rises.

That's my best shot at explaining how the combined system functions.

For complete information and wiring diagrams see the service manual: http://www.rvcomfort.com/pdf_documents/1976323_copy8.pdf

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Ok I unplugged a 5 or 6 wire plug in the Propane Furnace area. I now only hear the Thermostat click when Propane Furnace should come on, but it doesn't come on! The Heat Pump still works as it always has. It still acts as if the Propane is still there. Only working in the 1 or 2 degree range. But now if I forget to leave it on after shutting down the Generator. It will not turn on the Propane Heater with out me being aware of it.  Thanks again for suggestions.

17 hours ago, homelesshartshorns said:

It will not turn on the Propane Heater with out me being aware of it

If you are forgetful like me  you should probably note the fact that the plug is disconnected somewhere just to remind you in case you should ever want to use the furnace. 😔

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI