Stock Market Order Types

TLRam1

Yes I would agree on the whole rynosback, the thing on a corporation like Chili's (Brinker) they have the infrastructure to go back where they were quickly. I don't know how long it would take the stock to recover but if it was running 40 and now 10 don't you think you could fairly easily get 20 or 30 price point back rather quickly.

Let's say it took 2 years to hit the 40 mark again, that would be 4 times your money in two years, 30 would be three times your money. You know what I am saying.

Sysco who yesterday (Thur) hit 26 was at 41 when I checked then out on Friday, closed at 35. They are in the same boat as restaurants as that is who they supply.

I am watching and waiting, hoping we can all make something off this.

Thanks for your input.

Terry

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, TLRam1 said:

Chevron (CVX) was 115 now 54 paying 8-9% dividends.

image.png.135669c7e14794885076f2fbd6e2a669.png

I do not like any oil stocks now. Way to unstable. It is a yield trap. You might get the yield of 9.52 but if the stock goes down another 20% your not making money.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Yep pot stocks are down. Good thing I'd expected a two to five year window to making some good money there. Tesla OTOH is at $505.00 and seems to be stable and going up incrementally.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

15 hours ago, RV_ said:

Yep pot stocks are down. Good thing I'd expected a two to five year window to making some good money there. Tesla OTOH is at $505.00 and seems to be stable and going up incrementally.

I should have bought when it went down to $350. I even called it 6 weeks ago. But reading a lot of technical charts and opinions on people who make and read charts, they think this is up way to fast and that we will test the lows again. I think it is great that Uncle Sam is pumping trillions into the US. But when the death tolls start rising, the markets should go down again. 

2 hours ago, TLRam1 said:

With fuel cheap does that affect Tesla sales? Do they have a protected market?

I think the economy is going to slow sales more then anything. Plus when other manufactures really start coming out with them, they will be cheaper then a Tesla plus will have a tax rebate.  

I got off the phone before I asked a representative who told me I was not allowed to but penny stocks, how to get approval.

Does anyone know the procedure?

I was either talking to Fidelity or Merrill Edge for a self directed account.

Tilray, Inc. (TLRY) has gone from 4.00 to 9.00 in the last couple of days. Aurora was up 13% today. These were penny stocks and I can't purchase.

Oil is at 22 a barrel down from 60, do you purchase and sell just like a stock? I know nothing about how to conduct a transaction if I were interested which I could be.

CL.1 U.S.: Nymex Crude Oil WTI (NYM $/bbl) Front Month

Terry

I'm with USAA for banking and insurance. I established an investment account with them. I go there and buy or sell anything I want. They charged a flat rate of $8.00 pertrade whether that trade was for one share or 1000 shares and I can set up automatic buy and sell rules. ETrade? I don't do civilian at all so don't know. Lots of folks here can tell you where to go to invest yourself.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Why did they say could not buy penny stocks?

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

• 2 weeks later...

A recap on the stocks we discussed, the previous post from March 19th or there abouts.

I need one more stock to buy, I did buy into Chili’s (Brinker) & BJ’s. Stocks are still a good buy in general but you have to pick the right ones. Or if you know the market will take a dive, wait until that happens.

If you have another good one, let me know. I will look at more that I track this weekend, I need a plan going into next week.

You can see what has happened in about 3 ½ weeks.

Chevron (CVX) 84 up from 54 up 55%

Home Depot (HD)  201 up from 155.

Uber (UBER) 27 up from 14 (doubling your money)

Papa Johns (PZZA) 59 up from 35

Tesla (TSLA) 573 up from 361

Advanced Micro (AMD) 48 up from 39

Sysco (SYY) 49 up from 26 (close to double your money, one day it did close at 53)

Hannon Armstrong Capital (HASI) 24 up from 16

BJ’s Restaurants (BJRI) 18 up from 8 doubled your money

Chili’s (EAT) 17 up from 11

Bitcoin (BTCUSD=X) 6800 up from 6000

Edited by TLRam1

Terry

2 hours ago, TLRam1 said:

A recap on the stocks we discussed, the previous post from March 19th or there abouts.

I need one more stock to buy, I did buy into Chili’s (Brinker) & BJ’s. Stocks are still a good buy in general but you have to pick the right ones. Or if you know the market will take a dive, wait until that happens.

If you have another good one, let me know. I will look at more that I track this weekend, I need a plan going into next week.

You can see what has happened in about 3 ½ weeks.

Chevron (CVX) 84 up from 54 up 55%

Home Depot (HD)  201 up from 155.

Uber (UBER) 27 up from 14 (doubling your money)

Papa Johns (PZZA) 59 up from 35

Tesla (TSLA) 573 up from 361

Advanced Micro (AMD) 48 up from 39

Sysco (SYY) 49 up from 26 (close to double your money, one day it did close at 53)

Hannon Armstrong Capital (HASI) 24 up from 16

BJ’s Restaurants (BJRI) 18 up from 8 doubled your money

Chili’s (EAT) 17 up from 11

Bitcoin (BTCUSD=X) 6800 up from 6000

So you invested in all of those at those prices?

As stated above I did buy into Chili’s (Brinker) & BJ’s Restaurant. I am talking to two different groups and some we have not discussed. Most are what I discussed from a earlier post though.

I was thrown into this and doing a crash course (handling my account) because my CPA decided he did not want to handle my investing account so I have been taking in all advice including yours. 

I have found another interesting one.

Carnival Corporation & Plc (CCL), the director and a Saudi investment company has recently bought substantial shares. Stock is at 12.50, down from a normal 42.00

https://www.barrons.com/articles/carnival-stock-has-plunged-director-randall-weisenburger-bought-shares-51586444900?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Another person brought up (CAKE) Cheesecake Factory.

Terry

With some of the shows that I watch, the cruise market is not investable yet. And that CCL is kind of the bottom of them. They liked Royal Caribbean and Norwegian stating that they are the two best in that sector. I honestly would agree with that.

Edited by rynosback

I didn't think about the other cruise lines, they both look good with Norwegian according to past history of stock has the most upside, Norwegian has been around 50, now at 11.50. Royal C. runs around 110 now at 33.xx, do you know which is positioned better financially?

Carnival C, I think I read is the largest, has a "No Sail" until June 26th, probably the same for all cruise lines and certainly something to keep our eye on.

Terry

3 hours ago, TLRam1 said:

I didn't think about the other cruise lines, they both look good with Norwegian according to past history of stock has the most upside, Norwegian has been around 50, now at 11.50. Royal C. runs around 110 now at 33.xx, do you know which is positioned better financially?

Carnival C, I think I read is the largest, has a "No Sail" until June 26th, probably the same for all cruise lines and certainly something to keep our eye on.

I have not checked out there balance sheets. But it is going to a while before they get full ship bookings.