towing 2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX with manual transmission

DianeMichael

I have a  2007 Coachmen Cross Country 389DS and want to flat tow a 2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX with manual transmission. I have been getting mixed messages from 2006 owner's manual saying only tow no more than 50 miles at 35 mph or less... to... it is OK to tow stopping every 2-3 hours and running the engine for 5 minutes to lubricate the transmission and cool the gears. AAK!  Anyone already towing one?

The decision has to be yours and your owner's manual should be the final word, but if it is of any help, the following information comes from REMCO towing equipment website.

2006 Honda Civic ALL FWD I4 2.0L cyl 6-Speed Manual Manual

Notes

• Towable as is with speed and/or distance restrictions. Please see Owner's Manual for confirmation and procedures.
  • It is not recommended to tow this vehicle over 65MPH
  • When towing for an extended period of time, start the vehicle as often as possible and allow it to run for five minutes to prevent battery drain.
  • Officially from both Honda and REMCO the vehicle is not towable.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

5 hours ago, Kirk W said:

The decision has to be yours and your owner's manual should be the final word, but if it is of any help, the following information comes from REMCO towing equipment website.

Based on Kirk's insert you can tow the vehicle at your own risk by following the instructions for doing so. But, if you break it by towing Honda will not take responsibility. It's not like a 2006 has any warranty left, anyway, so I would probably go for it while being sure to run the engine at every break in driving. It probably helps that I take breaks often for food, restrooms, and naps. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van