How to track the coronavirus: Dashboard delivers real-time view of the deadly virus

5 hours ago, chirakawa said:

I just think it's absurd the way people are in panic and treating their fellow citizens.

It seems to be a strange combination of panicked people and non-believers who think it a conspiracy. I am in the cautiously optimistic group. I am living cautiously but remain somewhat optimistic that the measures will work. I don't know anyone who admits to hoarding products, yet the stores are having problems keeping their shelves stocked! We usually shop for most things to last 2 weeks with a supplemental run in between trips. We do now have an extra package of TP, but only 1 extra and not a room full. We do have more than a 2 week supply of cleaning products, but only because we normally buy in larger quantities. I suspect that such buying is a snowball effect in that when some people see that an item is in short supply they buy more just in case. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I don't know anyone who admits to hoarding products, yet the stores are having problems keeping their shelves stocked!

Welllllll, I'm not exactly hoarding but I sure bought more than usual at the supermarket today.

Why?

The supermarket lot was full, signs on the doors announced shortened hours, the entire paper product isle was empty, no sanitizers, no spray cleaners (409, Chlorox, etc), no bottled water, the fresh meat was gone, the lettuce and spinach were gone, etc, etc. A supermarket employee told me that their supply truck didn't come in today and that it may not be in tomorrow. Lovely.

So I bought two boxes of cereal (instead of one), eights cans of canned fruit (instead of 2), and so on.

Guilty as charged.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

In the garden Dept of Home Depot, everyone else missed the concentrated bleach there. A gallon make 20-30 gallons of regular strength bleach. I've been posting around so that me be gone too: https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-121-oz-Outdoor-Bleach-Cleaner-23948948211/203420866

We have a bidet, have for about ten years. Ours has two self cleaning nozzles and cost less than $50, then all you need is a reusable dry washcloth to dry your rush -no TP needed: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bidet+toilet+seat+attachment&dc&crid=3078YFOWZWJ4J&qid=1584296796&rnid=2528832011&sprefix=Bidet%2Celectronics%2C210&ref=sr_nr_p_89_9

We plan to make cloth handkerchiefs that we will wash after use just like grandpa had. We are in a house so have about a month's worth of meats etc in the freezer. Several years back I bought six five day dehydrated food supply boxes so after thfreezer is gone we have anothe 15 days. We have several gallons of bottled water and we got the last two plastic 7 gallon water containers at Walmart last week: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Reliance-Aqua-Tainer-Water-Container-7-Gallon/872426?athcpid=872426&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS004&athguid=4e00d840-006-170e78c3420123&athancid=null&athena=true

But last week we paid $15.00 or so. They've doubled and more the price.

Be safe folks. Doing so may be tedious, but easy once in the habit. Ignore the amateur scientists. This is real, deadly, and not just us geezers. The stats are showing as many deaths in the younger folks too. Some folks must be Egyptian river swimmers, they be in De Nile!

Safe travels, please take care friends.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

6 hours ago, RV_ said:

In the garden Dept of Home Depot, everyone else missed the concentrated bleach there. A gallon make 20-30 gallons of regular strength bleach. I've been posting around so that me be gone too: https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-121-oz-Outdoor-Bleach-Cleaner-23948948211/203420866

None of the local Home Depots have this in stock.  I was able to obtain a one pound bottle of granulated chlorine crystals in the pool supply section.  The instructions state that in addition to pools, it can also be use for large scale sanitation.  One ounce of crystals creates 500 gallons of sanitizing solution.   I am sure glad I didn't get the 25 pound bucket that I saw first 😀

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

Yesterday, I went to the store and bought a few groceries, things which I couldn't get a few days ago.  So, when I got home, I decided I'd do a little sanitizing, sounded simple enough.  Mixed me up a spray bottle with some 10 to 1 bleach solution and started spraying.  Clean rag and wipe it off.

I did the doorknobs, light switches, counter tops, phone, remote controls, mouse, keyboard, etc.  Man, that ain't so hard.  Oh wait, what about the groceries.  They've been sneezed on, sorted, and handled by other customers, the stock guy, the cashier, bagger, etc.  So, I went to work on the groceries, not so easy on some of the packaging.

Done with the groceries, it dawned on me that I needed to sanitize the car door handle, steering, shifter, radio touchscreen, so forth and so on.  Got back in the house and realized I had handled my keys and fob, so squirted them and went back and did the door knobs and light switches again.

Sat back and relaxed for a minute, pretty proud of myself, then I heard the postal carrier.  Went out to get the mail.  Came back in and opened the mail and read it, then realized that the mail had been handled by at least a few people who may have coughed or sneezed or touched something contaminated.

So, I get out the bleach and a clean rag and go to town on the door knob, light switches, countertops, mail, etc.  Of course, all this bleach tickles my face and makes my nose itch.  Dang, this sanitizing is a pretty involved operation.

Video coming soon.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

11 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

Dang, this sanitizing is a pretty involved operation.

Don't forget to do your computer and your phone!  😁

On TV they keep reminding us of those two but I am wondering, why do my computer if it has not left our house? And how often must we do all of these things?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

57 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Don't forget to do your computer and your phone! 

1 hour ago, chirakawa said:

I did the doorknobs, light switches, counter tops, phone, remote controls, mouse, keyboard, etc. 

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

3 hours ago, Kirk W said:

And how often must we do all of these things?

Although I had already wiped my phone with disinfectant wipes, after I returned from shopping yesterday I wiped it again because I had been using it in the store to access a grocery list app.  Probably an unnecessary extra layer of caution, but it doesn't do any harm.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Yep we are disinfecting them too. We sanitize coming and all we bring in, then wash our hands. Once "clean" inside it is normal behaviors. 

But we are in Colorado, so stress is a choice. 

EayyQ3Bl.jpg

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

21 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

I am wondering how others are sanitizing the mail and packages?

We are not.  However, we immediately place any boxes, envelopes, or other mail that can be thrown away, in the trash.  We then wash our hands and wipe down the surfaces where these items were placed.  Same with the newspaper...there's no way to sanitize the newspaper, but it goes in the trash once read, we wash our hands, and sanitize surfaces where it was.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

5 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I am wondering how others are sanitizing the mail and packages?

I read on one of the coronavirus agency sites that you don't have to worry about packages shipped from China or packages you'd received from Amazon, etc.  The virus wouldn't last that long to go through shipping.  It lasts longer on smooth, hard surfaces such as a table or countertop.

ON EDIT:  I just saw this on the news:  https://www.foxnews.com/media/coronavirus-questions-answered-opening-mail-buying-produce

It would last up to 24 hr on cardboard or paper & it's advised to wash hands after handling.  However, it could be on the mailbox itself or any metal.

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel