Visible phone plan?

Kirk W

I've been using Visible primarily as a backup data hotspot for several months now, and I joined their "Party Plan" shortly after it was announced. Visible normally costs $40/mo for unlimited talk, text, and data, with no throttling, just tower prioritization, but if you join a "Party" with three other people, your bill drops $5/mo for each member, down to $25/mo. Each party member gets their own account and billing, and all each member knows about the others is their first names and the last four digits of their Visible phone number. The other members of my party are complete strangers to me as far as I know. I found the party I joined on Reddit. 

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

At the present time I think Visible represents the best way to get a truly unlimited Verizon account.  Accounts can be network managed but there isn't any throttling at specific data levels. You have to use your Visible phone as a hotspot and only one device can be connected to it at a time.  But most users make that one device a router and then the only limitation is how many devices the router can handle.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

My Visible R2 phone is working well in the USB tethered mode to my Pepwave Surf Mini router rather than hotspot mode. The wired tether mode seems to have slightly less speed loss than the hotspot mode.

Dutch

There are also other companies with similar plans. I have not tried any of them................, yet.  🤤

Best Cheap Unlimited Data Plans

Metro by T-Mobile — Formerly MetroPCS

MetroPCS has a new name and two new unlimited plans, including a $60/month option that comes with Amazon Prime. Both plans have mobile hotspot. 

Cricket Wireless

Cricket Wireless is AT&T’s prepaid brand and also has two unlimited plans. The cheaper option restricts data speeds to 3 Mbps. 

Visible

Visible is owned by Verizon and has one simple plan for $40/month. Party Pay discount available to groups of two, three or four. 

Xfinity Mobile

Available only to people with Xfinity internet service, Xfinity Mobile from Comcast runs on Verizon’s top-rated 4G LTE network. It also relies on 18 million Wi-Fi hotspots.

Spectrum Mobile

Also on Verizon’s network, Charter’s Spectrum Mobile is very similar to Xfinity Mobile. The difference is that it’s only for Spectrum internet customers.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I've been on Red Pocket (which uses ATT) for 2 months now and have been pleased.  No contract, cheaper than ATT's plans.  Does have a family plan which I'm on with 4 phones.

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

2 hours ago, SWharton said:

If anyone wants to form a group for Visible I am very willing to be a member.

Not necessary to "form a group" - or be the "organizer" of/for the potential members.

Even if it's folks you know - if one drops out, you will acquire a new member (most likely instantly) - that you *don't* know.

Of course, they don't know you -and vice versa- and only billing knows who you are.

Bottom line, not worth the trouble to form a group.

However, a group grope -and the results- will make interesting reading!

5 hours ago, folivier said:

I've been on Red Pocket (which uses ATT) for 2 months now and have been pleased.  No contract, cheaper than ATT's plans.  Does have a family plan which I'm on with 4 phones.

With all due respect, the largest Red Pocket plan ("Unlimited") for $60/mo appears to have a 10GB cap on LTE data. I'm not sure why you consider that such a good deal.  Am I missing something about Red Pocket's plans?  I'm currently paying $60/mo for an AT&T SIM obtained through OTR Mobile.  Of course it's data only, but it's totally unlimited.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

19 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Any of you streaming tv with Visible? We are with our grandfarther prepared account

I've streamed various TV programming for probably 10-12 hours with our Visible plan so far with very little buffering where we had a good signal. Right now, our AT&T plan has better speeds though, so we're using that...

Dutch

3 hours ago, SWharton said:

I didn't know that Visible organized the groups and kept a wait list for them. Are you sure? I was under the impression one had to form their own group and find a new member when one drops out.

I don't know if it was an "autofill" from a waiting list or not, but early on with the party I'm in through the Reddit link previously posted, I twice received notices that someone had dropped out. In one case I received a notice about 20 minutes later that someone else had joined, and in the other case, the "left" and "joined" messages arrived within a couple minutes of each other.

Dutch

The Visible review in Kirk's post mentions a 5 Mbps speed limit, but that limit is currently being waived for existing and new subscribers for as long as you remain with the plan. We frequently see speeds in the 8-12 Mbps range and even as high as 20 Mbps at times. The speeds typically compare to the speeds we see on our Tracfone/Verizon phones.

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch

8 hours ago, SWharton said:

I didn't know that Visible organized the groups and kept a wait list for them. Are you sure? I was under the impression one had to form their own group and find a new member when one drops out.

I have Visible and def want to get in on the Party Pay. Not sure how to make it happen but we can save 5 bucks a month with the two of us.

Eric

26 minutes ago, Fish Tank 2.0 said:

I have Visible and def want to get in on the Party Pay. Not sure how to make it happen but we can save 5 bucks a month with the two of us.

Eric

The easiest way I know of to get the full Party Pay discount is to go the Reddit link below and pick an existing party to join.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VisiblePartyPay/

Dutch

On 1/25/2020 at 8:18 PM, Kirk W said:

I just got set a link to the new Visible Group Phone Plan. Anyone heard of it and know anything about it?

Link says "

Hmm…this isn’t the page you were looking for, is it?

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

35 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

Link says "

Hmm…this isn’t the page you were looking for, is it?

It looks like Kirk's link was incomplete, Ray. Try this one:

https://www.visible.com/party-pay

Dutch

1 hour ago, Dutch_12078 said:

It looks like Kirk's link was incomplete, Ray. Try this one:

https://www.visible.com/party-pay

Thanks!

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

15 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

I've streamed various TV programming for probably 10-12 hours with our Visible plan so far with very little buffering where we had a good signal. Right now, our AT&T plan has better speeds though, so we're using that...

FWIW if you already have two hotspots you can run them essentially simultaneously in Load Balancing mode on a number of higher end routers.  I do this with my Verizon and OTR hotspots.  Even though Load Balancing doesn't actually "bond" the connections, it does allow the router to choose which one to use on a moment by moment basis.  The net result is increased throughput and less buffering.  We stream a lot of video and rarely have any pauses and even the occasional periods of reduced resolution only last a few seconds.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador