Insurance for permanently parked trailer

funmom

5 hours ago, Big Rick said:

Flood insurance will require the wheels be removed, the unit blocked and anchored

Florida requires every permanently placed RV-in an RV park- to have wheels and be licensed annually. Insurance is optional. It's said that wheels law is so other trailers can be pulled away if one catches fire. Virtually all would have to be pulled like a sled. My cousins trailer hasn't had the tires checked in over 20 years, makes the must have wheels law ridiculous IMO.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

11 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Florida requires every permanently placed RV-in an RV park- to have wheels and be licensed annually. Insurance is optional. It's said that wheels law is so other trailers can be pulled away if one catches fire. Virtually all would have to be pulled like a sled. My cousins trailer hasn't had the tires checked in over 20 years, makes the must have wheels law ridiculous IMO.

We are in Florida suggest you see an agent that sells Insurance in Florida . I tried to pull out a RV here that had been sitting for years .I thought it would come apart had to have a tow truck do it. Florida insurance is "different"

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Hi,

We recently went back to sticks & bricks. I changed the address on our Progressive RV policy & the rate went up $35 so now I’m looking for other insurance options. Apparently it is more expensive to not live full time in an RV according to Progressive. 

Happy Travels!

8 hours ago, ralelo said:

Hi,

We recently went back to sticks & bricks. I changed the address on our Progressive RV policy & the rate went up $35 so now I’m looking for other insurance options. Apparently it is more expensive to not live full time in an RV according to Progressive. 

Happy Travels!

Fort $35.00 you are going to change companies?