Are new Spyder RT’s too wide?

JonathanGill

Check out wattsonwheels.info  They have a Volvo with a stacker behind the cab to carry two Spyders.,  I've seen the truck, but they didn't have the Spyders with them so I can't advise which model they're loading.  I do know my wife's F3-S is still too long.  It has no luggage attached.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

Check out wattsonwheels.info  They have a Volvo with a stacker behind the cab to carry two Spyders.,  I've seen the truck, but they didn't have the Spyders with them so I can't advise which model they're loading.  I do know my wife's F3-S is still too long.  It has no luggage attached.

The Spyder is overwidth when loaded crosswise, but not by as much as a smart. We built the Watts stacker, so if you have questions let me know. They carry two F3's.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Jack, you are correct, in that the F3-S is only 104", and according to the Can-Am web site, the F3-T is 102.2.  I believe the model with the top trunk is a bit longer.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

I didn't look up specs on the RT, just 2018 F3-S and T.  The RT is the one with LOTS of luggage.  Yes, you'd have to swing the rear end over a lot.  And it's footprint is a triangle, so it would be harder than it first appears.  I'll also say, the back of the S is heavy, but at least has handles.  Not so with the T or RT, which are heavier to boot.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Duh.  I was thinking loading two, not one.  Yes, if you're gonna drive up a ramp anyway, just extend it to the right spot.  The rear trunk on the RT is pretty tall.......

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN