Google?  You would need a tow package already on your RV and rent a vehicle that can be towed 4-down that already has the tow equipment. I don't know if this is possible for renting.  You need to do some investigation.

38 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

Google?  You would need a tow package already on your RV and rent a vehicle that can be towed 4-down that already has the tow equipment. I don't know if this is possible for renting.  You need to do some investigation.

It depends on what you mean by "toad". When we didn't tow a car we would rent one for sightseeing but not to tow behind our RV. We used Enterprise because they would deliver the rental to our campsite. Then we would give the delivery person a ride back to the office and head on out.

Linda Sand

Oops.... guess I didn't understand the questions.  If you just want to rent a car then call a car rental just like you would do anywhere.  San Francisco area is large.... there are probably lots of car rental places.  Google.

A toad is a vehicle you hook onto the motorhome and tow behind.  That's what I thought you meant.

Toad Rental - If you have a 2" receiver and a 6 or 7 pin trailer plug on your RV you are almost there. You need to add a brake monitor wire to the RV to monitor the auxiliary brake and trigger an alarm if the breakaway switch is activated. I had this done to my RV at Camping World. About 1 hour of labor and some small parts. This works with the Ivisbrake3 system I have on my Jeep, which is one of the best auxiliary braking systems. 

As already said, the rental toad would need to equipped with a base plate and possibly light wiring, even if a portable auxiliary brake system like the Brake Buddy, etc., is used. I don't know of any rental company that rents towing equipped cars.

You are correct, there isn't a company . Could be an interesting niche business - Renting cars (e.g. jeep wrangler) modified to be flat towed.

On 1/24/2020 at 2:40 PM, sandsys said:

It depends on what you mean by "toad". When we didn't tow a car we would rent one for sightseeing but not to tow behind our RV. We used Enterprise because they would deliver the rental to our campsite. Then we would give the delivery person a ride back to the office and head on out.

Linda Sand

That is what we used to do when we had our class C. When we got to a place that we were going to be at for a week or more, we would just rent a car from enterprise.

I guess if you didn’t want to rent a car at your location for a week or so and really wanted to tow one behind you the best option would be to purchase a dolly and tow the rental car on the dolly. But then you will have to tow the dolly with or without vehicle everywhere you go so you may as well just tow your own vehicle and not have to rent one.