Looking for heated seat circuit

ras32758

I have a 1999 VNL 610. Just installed heated massaging seats. Prepared to run new circuit but wondering if anyone has found the wiring harness that would have powered the seats? Truck did not come with heated seats so maybe they never ran the wires though my "Circuit Hound" seems to indicate that there is a wire under the floor pad at the back of the seats near the opening for the air line.

Thanks,

Roy

1999 VNL 610

2005 Teton 40' Forester Grand

Roy...I installed my seats last year on my 1997 WIA64,. Just like your seats.  I ended up running a hot wire from my fuse box under the carpet to each seat with an inline fuse for each seat and put auto connectors on the end to be able to remove my seat if need be.  It just looks neat and clean even though I can't see it.  Hindsight if these pin connectors come loose I'll just put a crimp connector on.

Hope this helps.

Ben "chief916"

Your 2000 VNL and my 1998 will have the same harness.  Most of the time all the wiring was the same with fuses or solenoid relays installed to power the circuit.  If heated seats were an option, there should be a fuse or solenoid in the fuse panel area.  What would be safest, would be to run a new wire, fuse, and switch.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

21 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Your 2000 VNL and my 1998 will have the same harness.  Most of the time all the wiring was the same with fuses or solenoid relays installed to power the circuit.  If heated seats were an option, there should be a fuse or solenoid in the fuse panel area.  What would be safest, would be to run a new wire, fuse, and switch.

What a difference a year makes.  I had an air line for my old seats but no circuits or wires.  So like you said..I came off the fuse panel.

Thank you for the comments. I will probably end up using the nice fuse based connector they provided. You may have seen them. It plugs into an empty fuse slot. Gets power off the hot leg, runs through a fuse to then be connected to the seat. Cleaner than in line fuses and metal bits jabbed into fuse slots.

Roy