2020 West Coast Rally - Now w/Schedule

Chad Heiser

Thought we might make it  to the rally but it is definitely not going to happen .Been laid off since January. Thought we where going back to work till the pandemic shut us down again. Only have 575 hrs to go till I can retire from construction. Its not looking good they say once they lift the stay at home order we will have so much construction that we wont have enough people to man the jobs. This means over time and a lot of it. We will see I wont believe it till I am on the job site pounding stakes and driving nails!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, runaway parents said:

Thought we might make it  to the rally but it is definitely not going to happen .Been laid off since January. Thought we where going back to work till the pandemic shut us down again. Only have 575 hrs to go till I can retire from construction. Its not looking good they say once they lift the stay at home order we will have so much construction that we wont have enough people to man the jobs. This means over time and a lot of it. We will see I wont believe it till I am on the job site pounding stakes and driving nails!

I have been out for a while myself. Got a while yet to retirement. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

9 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

we are in. Ambassador is calling us back in a while. 

Good news.  See you in June.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

2 hours ago, runaway parents said:

Thought we might make it  to the rally but it is definitely not going to happen.

Bummer.  Maybe next year.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

9 hours ago, RickS said:

Well, the closure of the USA/Canada border was extended today to at least June 21/2020 so I will miss the WCR for the first time. Sad day and we will miss visiting with all our American friends! 🙁

We are all bummed out.  😧

event.png    

Well, I just got off the phone with Ambassador RV Resort and they are officially fully booked up for the week of the rally.  Rick’s site was scooped up this morning by a last minute rally attendee.  I don’t have my spreadsheet in front of me right now, but I believe that puts us at 33 sights for the rally with 19 first timer sites and 14 returnee sites.  It is officially our largest turnout as far as site count.  I’m really looking forward to seeing old friends and to making new ones.  We are less than a month away.

See you in June.

event.png    

On 5/19/2020 at 4:37 PM, RickS said:

Well, the closure of the USA/Canada border was extended today to at least June 21/2020 so I will miss the WCR for the first time. Sad day and we will miss visiting with all our American friends! 🙁

We will miss you Rick. Was really looking forward to seeing y’all again. 

Good news going back to work Tuesday. Sure going to be interesting we will see how this is going to work  .Mandatory face mask and social distancing  and temperature checks. To little to late  for the rally but at least I wont have to sell the truck. If the rivers don't rise and the pandemic don't take a turn for the worse we will try to make it next year.

Edited by runaway parents

As I recall you did concrete forming in construction??  Anyway beginning of April I walked away from construction because at that point they still didn't get it re safety and this Covid 19 business.  Things have changed, I called Worksafe and they dragged this one guys hide thru the fire x2.  Even after the first time he bucked the system but not after the second.

So here is the way Condos are being done in Victoria.  With the building up 4 floors and closed in.  We have 2 staircases at opposite ends of the building.  One is for up and the other down.  Both clearly marked and you still  get people bucking the rules but If I catch them, they are sent the other way.  If you are walking down a hallway and meet someone coming the other way, the one with the load has priority, the other ducks into the closest room.

Maintain 6' separation where possible, if not wear a mask, we supply N 95's.  There are 2 outside covered handwashing stations with hot and cold plus soap and sanitizer.  Portapottis are wiped with Simply green full strength, handles inside and out, paperholders, disinfectant containers and the tops of the toilet seats and covers.  Yes we are wearing gloves.

All light switches door handles and anything else that people touch gets wiped and I have no problem doing it.

The workers for the most part are concerned and not slacking off.  There are some jerks who won't play ball but I was only there for a couple of days.  Any longer and their head office would be called and they'd be written up....Do it again and goodbye.

Each day there is a short meeting to remind everyone about the stakes.  2 months ago I was told there were over 200 journeymen carpenters off.  I don't know if it was Covid 19 or just taking themselves out of the market.

Take some hand sanitizer to work and wear gloves if possible and wash your hands before breaks and going home.  Not everyone plays by the rules and you don't want to take it home to the rest of your family.

Roger

Edited by rdickinson
update info

Howdy All,

I really have to bite my tongue not to write what I really feel about this whole lock down thing but the administrators of this site have already shackled me with a warning about posting political stuff when what I posted was NOT political.  That said nearly all of our plans except for the WCR have been cancelled due to this lock down, I am really upset that some of us won't be able to gather in the middle of nowhere Nevada, for some SxS riding before the WCR, how can you get more socially distant then boondocking in the middle of a desert?  Thankfully cooler heads have prevailed and the WCR is going to happen, it's about the only thing that will happen for us for some time until this house arrest is nullified.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Just wondering’ out load ...

You are willing to go to a commercial campground and “Rally” with folks you may not know, and social distancing (6 ft, masks) may be hard to maintain but you won’t go anywhere else? What am I missing?

Edited by DesertMiner

1 minute ago, DesertMiner said:

Just wondering’ out load ...

You are willing to go to a commercial campground and “Rally” with folks you may not know, and social distancing (6 ft, masks) may be hard to maintain but you won’t go anywhere else?

Howdy DesertMiner,

I am trying to keep this non political, the other places we had planed to go, one of the condos that Donna has access to in Clear Lake California was at the time of our reservation ( mid May ) locked down and still is for the foreseeable future, all the local parks and BLM lands here in the Peoples Repubilk of Washington, are locked down and no over night camping is allowed, the BLM land we had planed on going to in Nevada before the WCR is locked down no camping.  So the WCR is the only thing so far this year that we have been able to attend that was in our plans.  How the rest of the year will go is anyone's guess.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On 5/23/2020 at 2:11 PM, tyates007 said:

We will miss you Rick. Was really looking forward to seeing y’all again. 

Hi Tom,

Yeah we are going to miss seeing you guys and all our friends down there....the world has changed and all of our summer plans have been canceled. Hope you all have a good time and stay safe.

• Phil D pinned this topic

Howdy All,

I am really BUMMED OUT after not being able to gather with like minded folks and do some serious SxS riding before this years WCR.  With that in mind are there any WCR attendees who will have SxS with them and would you be interested in gathering for a few days somewhere AFTER the WCR?

I don't know anyplace to go to but I do know that there is a lot of SxS riding to bee done in Idaho, if anyone is knowledgeable of places to go and or would like to participate in such a gathering please respond to this thread.  Thanks.

Dave

Edited by mr. cob
cuz eye kant sqel

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave,

I plan to check out some riding in the area.  For those who are there and are able, we talked about doing a ride day on Tuesday after the rally.  I am up for more than that also.

event.png    

3 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Dave,

I plan to check out some riding in the area.  For those who are there and are able, we talked about doing a ride day on Tuesday after the rally.  I am up for more than that also.

Howdy Chad,

I really miss the quality time we spent in the desert last year, I am going to do some research, put some posts up on other web sites and see if I can't come up with some locations.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

6 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Chad,

I really miss the quality time we spent in the desert last year, I am going to do some research, put some posts up on other web sites and see if I can't come up with some locations.

Dave

Sounds good Dave.

event.png    

11 hours ago, RickS said:

I'm up for a ride.....oh yeah they won't let me over the border.   :wacko:    I'm bummed to Dave

Howdy Rick,

Sometimes I can't help but think it's about time "We the people..." on both sides of the border don't seriously consider major changes in our governments, "The pursuit of happiness......." has been greatly infringed.  With luck our trails will cross again I sure enjoyed our last sojourn in the desert.  And NOW, I too have solar so you won't be bothered by the sound of my generator, well unless it just happens to be the day when it comes on automatically for 15 minuets to clean the cobwebs out of the carb.😄

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 7:31 PM, rdickinson said:

As I recall you did concrete forming in construction??  Anyway beginning of April I walked away from construction because at that point they still didn't get it re safety and this Covid 19 business.  Things have changed, I called Worksafe and they dragged this one guys hide thru the fire x2.  Even after the first time he bucked the system but not after the second.

So here is the way Condos are being done in Victoria.  With the building up 4 floors and closed in.  We have 2 staircases at opposite ends of the building.  One is for up and the other down.  Both clearly marked and you still  get people bucking the rules but If I catch them, they are sent the other way.  If you are walking down a hallway and meet someone coming the other way, the one with the load has priority, the other ducks into the closest room.

Maintain 6' separation where possible, if not wear a mask, we supply N 95's.  There are 2 outside covered handwashing stations with hot and cold plus soap and sanitizer.  Portapottis are wiped with Simply green full strength, handles inside and out, paperholders, disinfectant containers and the tops of the toilet seats and covers.  Yes we are wearing gloves.

All light switches door handles and anything else that people touch gets wiped and I have no problem doing it.

The workers for the most part are concerned and not slacking off.  There are some jerks who won't play ball but I was only there for a couple of days.  Any longer and their head office would be called and they'd be written up....Do it again and goodbye.

Each day there is a short meeting to remind everyone about the stakes.  2 months ago I was told there were over 200 journeymen carpenters off.  I don't know if it was Covid 19 or just taking themselves out of the market.

Take some hand sanitizer to work and wear gloves if possible and wash your hands before breaks and going home.  Not everyone plays by the rules and you don't want to take it home to the rest of your family.

Roger

yes . I have done a lot of concrete forming over the years .(actually I am what you would call a turn key carpenter. A carpenter that can do all phases from foundation to handing over the keys) I am a journeyman carpenter. Foreman and sometimes superintendent certified  welder equipment operator and cdl truck driver.

Thinking about the polishing, etc. But Sunday forecasts rain Salt Lake City and north into Boise area.

Guess heading out shinny is a feel-good no matter what the road brings.

We're just 5 or so hours away. We roll Sunday morning.

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg