Totally OT: JB Weld Waterweld/Fiberglass Repair Kit

SuiteSuccess

• 3 weeks later...

I have used 3M 5200 white sealant (dries underwater) and I think is food safe but double check.  It really never dries rock hard which makes it great for cases such as this.  But I bet the sharkbite fix is the best long term solution.  H.D. sells the 3M 5200 can really be a life saver.  Tell us about your fix.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

32 minutes ago, DesertMiner said:

Soooooooo what was the fix/solution?

Plumber came back out.  Took it apart.  Used some type of Teflon paste (I believe) and reconnected.  So far, so good.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

3 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Plumber came back out.  Took it apart.  Used some type of Teflon paste (I believe) and reconnected.  So far, so good.

As suggested some time back.......  Usually works, but not always.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

7 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

As suggested some time back.......  Usually works, but not always.

Oh okay, great one! You might have been right (jeez that’s hard to admit).  Time will tell.😜

Seriously thank everyone for the help.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Sioux Chief makes this PVC to Pex also.  I like yours Exile.  Is that CPVC or just PVC?nyzsOaYl.jpg

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

And here I thought only in West Tn. Did anyone have to use a well pump to boost there water pressure. Were on the highest point around. About 30ft above the water tower. So had a booster pump in the basement for years. Turn a shower on and water did not spray out. So had to boost the pressure. Sad part we have 90 PSI at the road. But does not make it to the top of the hill.

event.png

The Ute Water supply we have in western Colorado is gravity fed.  They don't have any pumps.  Every connection to the system which is several miles long and serves thousands requires pressure regulators.  I have been told it is the only all gravity Fed large water system in the country but I haven't verified it.  Our house is on a hill several feet above the supply pipe and even so we have 80 psi.  It blew one of the PVC glued joints on the line to the house a couple of years after it was installed. With that kind of pressure there is little room for less than perfect connections.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

On 1/31/2020 at 5:24 PM, SuiteSuccess said:

Sioux Chief makes this PVC to Pex also.  I like yours Exile.  Is that CPVC or just PVC?nyzsOaYl.jpg

Cpvc. Pvc also available 

the one you show would come in useful for sure

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

On 2/4/2020 at 1:08 PM, Randyretired said:

The Ute Water supply we have in western Colorado is gravity fed.  They don't have any pumps.  Every connection to the system which is several miles long and serves thousands requires pressure regulators.  I have been told it is the only all gravity Fed large water system in the country but I haven't verified it.  Our house is on a hill several feet above the supply pipe and even so we have 80 psi.  It blew one of the PVC glued joints on the line to the house a couple of years after it was installed. With that kind of pressure there is little room for less than perfect connections.

After our departmentn fixed all the water leaks. We got to turn our water pump off. We went from 7psi here at the house to 31 PSI now. But have 100 lbs at the road. They first told us we used 1/2" pipe on the run. I told them sorry its 1" the whole 600ft.

event.png

1 hour ago, Pete Kildow said:

After our departmentn fixed all the water leaks. We got to turn our water pump off. We went from 7psi here at the house to 31 PSI now. But have 100 lbs at the road. They first told us we used 1/2" pipe on the run. I told them sorry its 1" the whole 600ft.

It's a good thing you used larger pipe.  Our county inspector was concerned about water supply so I used 2 inch which is overkill.  Our line is 350 feet.  I don't know how much pressure the 30 inch main water supply has but every connection requires a regulator.  I had some problems sealing some threaded connections so I used teflon dope and tape when we built the house.  I considered asking them to reduce the pressure some but the sprinklers work pretty good as is.

Randy

16 hours ago, Randyretired said:

It's a good thing you used larger pipe.  Our county inspector was concerned about water supply so I used 2 inch which is overkill.  Our line is 350 feet.  I don't know how much pressure the 30 inch main water supply has but every connection requires a regulator.  I had some problems sealing some threaded connections so I used teflon dope and tape when we built the house.  I considered asking them to reduce the pressure some but the sprinklers work pretty good as is.

Guy below us (were 100+ft above his house) took his pressure gauge out at the meter. Then when he turned the water on. His kitchen faucet went through the ceiling. All the air in the lines, and 100+ lbs of water pressure.

event.png

2 hours ago, Pete Kildow said:

Guy below us (were 100+ft above his house) took his pressure gauge out at the meter. Then when he turned the water on. His kitchen faucet went through the ceiling. All the air in the lines, and 100+ lbs of water pressure.

Wow.  It is amazing how much water pressure gravity makes.  The ranch we had used side roll sprinklers fed by gravity.  There was about 80 psi but the water had some sand and grit.  The brass inserts needed to be replaced every year as the gritty water would cut them like a saw.  The underground feed pipe was 10" and I always kept as far back as possible when turning on the riser.  If that riser ever came off it would be deadly.

Randy