Changing counties for domicile in Texas?

Some people need ongoing medical treatment and have a need to see doctors regularly.   We are not full timers but we are some of those people.   We move between 3 areas and have doctors in each area.  When my DW needed medical care and a hospital stay she chose to use the Mayo Clinic.  That is in an area we seldom visited.  We have seen Bill's for our medical needs in places outside of our where our domicile is greater than in.  We have chosen not to quit RVing but to find ways to continue.  

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

16 hours ago, Blues said:

Why do you keep calling me "Boomer"?

16 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

The majority of boomers are now on Medicare, so the ACA doesn't apply to them.   Is there some reason you feel it is necessary to make a generational taunt?

"Ok Boomer" is a meme with several meanings, one of them generational and therefore ageist. However, to me it represents thinking inside the box or double think. If you took it as a generational slam, I'm sorry as that wasn't intended.

Edited by Zulu

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

13 hours ago, Blues said:

But okay, be physically present in your home state. Sound advice. So let's get some more advice based on that. At what point can a person travel out of state again, and keep the health insurance from his home state? One week? One month? Three months? A whole year?

And then how often does the person have to come back? Every year? Every other year? Once every three years if the previous visit was between 75 and 90 days, but every five years if the previous visit was at least 180 consecutive days?

So your argument is . . . since there is no specific amount of time, then you can just stay 1 day (or less)?

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 11:55 AM, Zulu said:

So your argument is . . . since there is no specific amount of time, then you can just stay 1 day (or less)?

What are we talking about here? Domicile, or residency? It sounds like domicile to me, but you've always asserted that domicile doesn't matter when it comes to health insurance--that's it's all based on where a person actually resides. 

When I asked what a traveling fulltimer is supposed to do if he changes his residence too often to get health insurance based on his actual location, you said "be physically present in your home state," and linked to an Escapees article about domicile.

So are you now saying that domicile should be used for getting health insurance if someone's residence changes so often it's impossible to get it based on actual residence?