Self driving toad or not

Wrknrvr

So with self driving cars in the future? Or better yet a self driving Jeep.

Would it be called a toad or not.

No tow bar needed.

No over weight

Not over length

more storage.

OK OK.   I AM really bored in Arizona.

Last  night I was texting a friend about fly fishing for sand trout in the streams between Wickenburg Az and Prescott Arizona yesterday. We may make a short film about fishing there.

Really bored,    Vern

or thinking about retirement.

I think it was TechnoRV who wrote an April fools article a few years ago about his self-driving car. He programmed it to meet them in Jacksonville. The link is here somewhere, perhaps someone will remember better than me.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

5 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

I think it was TechnoRV who wrote an April fools article a few years ago about his self-driving car. He programmed it to meet them in Jacksonville. The link is here somewhere, perhaps someone will remember better than me.

Technomadia is their name. https://www.technomadia.com/2019/04/faq-how-do-we-move-the-car-between-ports/

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well, this is a first -- you bored???  You're usually going nonstop from daylight to sundown.  You must miss us...

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

We are bored with the desert. Without really going to the Phoenix area we have sorta run out of things todo.

And today I never took of my insulated blue jeans. I am keeping track of how much fuel we are using for heat.

So I have been working on that muzzleloader I started 40 years ago. Heck it’s antique and not even finished yet. I am making most of the parts by hand. I did buy a barrel back 40 years ago. 

So now to make my old Jeep self driving. That may take some thinking beyond my capacity.

Vern

So, like, would a self driving “toad” be programmed to follow your main rig like a drone ‘cept on the ground?

or

would you set the destination and just slap it on the ass and send it there to meet ya when you get there?

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

I would like it to follow the rv. So if I need a tool or anything in the (towed) or use it for its own purposes it would be with us.

If it went to its destination then I would need to wait for it to return for what I wanted todo at that time.

But one could have one meet you at your destination and one follow me. Or have a rental fleet for a business.

Just thinking,   Vern

Vern, Vern, Vern.......  You're getting close to making a case for having a house at each destination and taking the big bird back and forth.  That's just crazy talk.

I think you need a dual sport motorcycle to keep you busy.  And older one, already "experienced", so as to provide with some tinker time.  Whatcha say Noteven?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

i can see it now.

major 10 mile long traffic jam caused by too many self driving cars.

but as to having your car drive its self some place. what about fuel?

programed to follow you. 

ticket for tailgating?

accident caused by a fool trying to get on the fwy between you and your auto car?