Tires for travel trailer

donh3236

Looking to replace the Goodyear Marathron ST225/75R15 that were original equipment on our 2015 Outdoor RV Timber Ridge 27 travel trailer.  We have about 25,000 miles on these tires. The date code is 3313, so the tires are at least 6.5 years old. Have not experienced any issues with these tires.  Have had the same brand of tires on other RV's that we've previously owned, again with no issues. My travel speed is btwn 55 - 65 mph; rarely over that.  We are fulltimers, so we rack up the miles.

I'm looking for recommendations, good and bad experiences with RV tires.

2 hours ago, Jim1521 said:

Goodyear Endurance and don't look back. 

I agree! I have them on my travel trailer and am very pleased. They are one of the very few trailer tires that are American made.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Tires made in the U.S.A.

Where are my tires made?

The  bottom line to both of those links is, ALL tires sold in the U.S.A. must meet the same USDOT standards.  If any tire doesn't have a USDOT number in the sidewall, it cannot legally sold in the U.S.A.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I currently have the Goodyear Endurance ST225/75R/15 load range E on a 10,000# trailer. About 6000 miles in 6 months and so far so good except picked up a nail in the sidewall of one in Taos, NM. Trailer tires can sometimes be a little difficult to replace on the road. The major tire discount store wanted a week to get a replacement Endurance. I was able to get a replacement at a local mom and pop tire shop delivered and installed the next day at a price slightly less than what I paid per tire at original purchase and considerably less than what the discount store wanted.

In the past, I have had good service from Carlyle HD radial trail and Maxxis M8008 tires. Never had to replace one on the road, so do not know about availability. Neither are manufactured in the USA, but both had good reputations the last time I shopped for tires. The Carlyle and Goodyer Endurance have higher speed ratings than most ST tires which are rated at 65MPH.

• 2 weeks later...

You have a very popular tire size. All of the ST tire manufacturers here and over there build that tire in four different load ranges, LRC, LRD, LRE & LRF. At the very minimum, pick the load range that matches your OE tires. Narrowing it down to a brand will depend on your personal research of each considered.

Note: All of the LRF tires will be steel cased. 

Edited by TireHobby

38' fiver - Dodge Dually

AKA: FastEagle

USN Retired - DOD Retired - SSA Retired