KyDustBunny

Where can I get a Microsoft Office 2010 product key for free?

Just joined this Forum today after dreaming of our "Escape" for several years now!

We are planning on our 1st extensive (2-3 month) RV trip this Fall and I'm trying to be mindful of every $$ as we pull the plugs on our long-time careers.

I saw this Tech section and it reminded me that I lost my Microsoft 2010 software when I left my job last month.

I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knows how I might go about getting a Microsoft Office 2010 key for FREE.

I do realize that I can get a free "in the cloud" version but I realllllly prefer to save my financials JUST to my PC (I routinely do back-ups).

Any ideas?

Appreciate all help, as I consider myself a non-technie.

Thx!

Get Libre, it is a suite that is free and on your computer. I agree about the cloud and keeping my personal stuff close to home. It is similar to Office, there will be a learning curve.

I pay ~$10/mo to get the entire Office 365 Suite on 5 devices plus 1TB of cloud storage for each device.  We share the subscription with my daughter and her husband.  This is an actual downloaded copy of Office, not the cloud version.

Edited by docj

23 hours ago, DJW said:

If it is real that would be piracy and MS is very active in fighting piracy and they can get obnoxious about it. I don't think we want to see the Escapee get a cease and desist letter from MS lawyers.

As for the OP just use LibreOffice it works and has all the functions you will need. And is really free.

Edited by agesilaus

That Key code is not stolen.  I am not selling it.  I have it and I don't need it any longer who are you to say I can't give it away?  I paid for it back in 2010.  So if helping someone out with something I don't need or want any longer is a crime well just to bad.

Dennis

Yeah but you posted it in a public forum where a 1000 people could see it (unlikely unless it gets cataloged by search engines). You should have sent it privately.

Yes you might be right that might have been better.  But do you really think MS is going to get bent out of shape with someone giving a product key for a 10 year old software that they don't even support anymore?  It's not like I gave him the product key for a 1903 build copy of Windows 10 Pro.    I took it down now you should delete your post listing it as well.

You never "owned" it. Read the legal forms you signed before you used it. It is more like a rental. You have limited permission from MS for how you can use the program. If you sell, or give the code you are possibly in violation of MS copyright  I agree RV could get troubled by MS if promoting transfer of software rights.

I just bought a new laptop and didn't want to pay a yearly fee for MS Office. This laptop has "Open Office 4.1.6"

It opens and manipulates all MS Office documents and has a VERY similar look to MS Office

So far it has been a great replacement for MS Office and no yearly fee

They don't actually support a touch screen. Scrolling actual becomes mas text selection. Word search within a doc sucks too. I am about to load my family Office 364 up and use four additional "user names from my domain. Hope that works!

At one time there was a free version of Office 2010 included with some OEM systems.  Dubbed "Office Starter" it only included Word and Excel, but for many that was enough.  If I remember correctly it only works with Windows 7.  Now that 7 has reached the end of life I expect that Office 2010 Starter will fade away also.

Safe Travels...

Caveat Emptor! I'm Contemplating using these guys after reading their worst reviews and answers. It could be a rip off but I'd rather have my own office not an annual subscription. https://www.softwaregiants.com/en_us/office-2016-home-student.html?msclkid=99586bc6bd751349114035dfde11d51d

https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=U528DF&PC=U528&q=are+software+giants+UK+selling+legitimate+software%3F

If you can't afford to lose the $39.99, don't try it.

Caveat Emptor!