Boondockers OTG... what makes you one?

GroundHog

1 hour ago, orca said:

I started to look for the ignore button too!  His posts were bordering on narcissistic (had to look that one up to stay politicaly correct) and long winded.  

Thanks! I'm guessing it's not an uncommon response. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

I don't think sitting around the campfire would be fun!😲

Then you've never done it with IYQ. The stories that man could tell! It's sort of like camping with Mark Twain.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well it looks like Groundhog went to the trouble to edit all of his posts to "not validated'.  Sort of took his ball and went home...

Not sure what he expected with his "I am the most expert boondocker (with a travel trailer, less than 30', no couch, only one A/C)" approach, but apparently he didn't find it here. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

54 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Then you've never done it with IYQ. The stories that man could tell! It's sort of like camping with Mark Twain.

Linda

Who is IYQ?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

4 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Who is IYQ?

Lee Horner, better known as IYQ was a member of the class of 2008. It was his second go around at fulltiming the first one being back in the 1970s. He was an amazing man and I miss him. IYQ was his handle on this forum so you might be able to search on posts from him to get a feel for what a fun guy he was. Otherwise you can go read old posts from the class of 2008 to see what a great bunch we were before so many of us slowed down and/or settled down.

Linda Sand

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I keep reading the header on this thread, "Boondockers OTG...that makes you one?"

In spite of the length of this thread the answer is simple--spending at least one night with no hookups. That's all "of the grid" actually means--no hookups. Our daughter's house is off the grid with a well and septic tank and solar power. Our former cabin in the woods had no water nor septic but it had an electrical hookup; thus, not off the grid in spite of being out in the woods. 

Linda Sand

19 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Aarrg..... I can't stand all these abbreviations used today.  It's not that difficult to write it out.

Also where did I miss the dollar sign moving to after the numbers?

I write $1800. But I see 1800$ from a lot of people. Did I miss something with the movement of the dollar sign?

James

Edited by jamtracy

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

• Kirk W locked and locked this topic