da'gheens

Saving on Gas money

I paid $1.82/gallon at the HEB supermarket gas station where I bought groceries yesterday in Harlingen, TX (in the RGV.) It's $1.67 at a nearby Walmart, but I wasn't going to drive over there during this mess just to save a few pennies.

Chip

With fuel prices hitting rock bottom right now that is a bright spot in the midst of this event. To bad we can't fill-er-up and take advantage of it. So it's not even an issue right now. Thanks for everyones input over the past few months.

This too shall pass. 

Filled up today at the I-81 Exit 80 Flying J near the Ft Chiswell RV Park in VA. The price for regular gas was $1.75...

Edited by Dutch_12078

The Walmart in east Garland, TX is at $1.57 for gasoline and $2.18 for diesel this morning. 

Oil has been below $30 a barrel for sometime now and diesel is still $3.49 a gallon where I live in California. Gouging pieces of shi t.

I saw some near Memphis, Tn for $1.29 at several locations.  I paid $1.34 at Sam.s club in Albuquerque today.

I stop and top off whenever I see a reasonable price. I look ahead on my route with GasBuddy so I know what to expect down the road. Topping off with 20 gallons may allow me to skip an area with higher prices and make it to the next lower price opportunity. I have a 75 gallon tank.

We've got a little over half a tank, but I'll top off at $1.64 just up the road in Winchester, VA tomorrow so I won't have to stop again until just before we get to our upstate NY cottage. The price there is running around $2.29, so that'll be painful compared to what we've been paying in the south.