Christmas will soon be here!

Kirk W

It is that time of year once more. Like most part-timers our RV is put away for the winter and we will be near home-base for the holiday, spending time with our two son's who live  in the area. We do have travel plans for just after but that won't involve the RV either since we are going on a cruise. Whether in the RV or not, how about sharing your plans for Christmas this year?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

My first Christmas as a full-timer won’t be much different than most, only difference will be I’ll sleep in my trailer in a park instead of sleeping at my sister’s house. That’s a good thing as I often found myself on the living room floor in past years, depending on who was there. One of her daughters is flying out Christmas Day so we’ll have Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve at Lawrys restaurant in Vegas. It’ll be a fabulous meal but there won’t be much leftovers for sandwiches afterwards.

Most likely my sister and I will spend Dec. 26th early morning wandering around the Las Vegas Premium Outlet Mall, shopping. 

Now last Christmas was unusual and fun - I spent it dry camping at Stovepipe Wells in Death Valley. Christmas morning found me walking on the sand dunes, admiring a pretty sunrise with a dramatic sky. Loved it!

For me this year the question is where will I be for New Years. I have no real plans, may go to Quartzsite, never been to Havasu so may go there, or who knows - I haven’t gotten that far yet.

Dave and I will have a quiet Christmas at home eating special foods. Then our daughter and her boyfriend are coming for the weekend and we'll host an extended family gathering on our 53rd wedding anniversary. Wow, how time flies!

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

5 minutes ago, sandsys said:

an extended family gathering on our 53rd wedding anniversary.

You must be as old as I am! Or close to it anyway. We will reach 57 next Sunday, but I was married very young.....

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

11 hours ago, Kirk W said:

You must be as old as I am! Or close to it anyway. We will reach 57 next Sunday, but I was married very young.....

We were still teenagers when we married. Old enough for Dave to be sent to Viet Nam a few months later, though, so our choice was now or wait 1 1/2 years. Teenagers aren't very good at waiting. :)  But, that did mean Dave had the GI bill to pay for college after military discharge. Yeah, we never did do much "normally".

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We will be spending ours in Bedford, TX with our daughter and son-in-law and then scoot back to Arizona for the rest of the winter.   

We just had our 53rd anniversary in September, but we weren't teenagers when we got married, we were in college and got married between semesters.   Another life time ago.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834