Ski

Florida Resident Owned Communities

Looking for a ROC Brooksville north with a reasonable price. What we have seen on line are 30 year old mobile homes priced in the $80,000's with HOA fees of $600 per month up. We rented an RV lot in the Mission area of Texas last winter. Brick homes $90,000 and up with HOA's less than $200 in very well maintained communities. Amazed at the difference in prices Florida vs Texas. Unfortunately, my wife does not want to live in Texas.

We have a fifth wheel, so a RV lot would be acceptable. Would like to rent for a year to get a feel for the area before buying. We are just outside of Augusta, GA until March 1st. If something interesting came up, we could drive down and take a look at it.

Al

I looked at this park last year...very well maintained and a variety of formats. Very low annual maintenance. Only 37 miles from Tampa. Zephyrhills is a nice town with everything you need. 

The "Valley" (Mission TX) got overbuilt and that is one reason lot prices are so low there. Sidewalks, bike trails and lanes, parks, etc are in short supply in the RGV. The area to the West and North of the RGV is a no man's land. It is also a high crime area.

https://www.emeraldpointervresort.org/home/

Thank you for information. Looked online and either one would probably work for us. Our plan is to head down there when we complete our volunteer duties September 2020.

We rented a lot for five months last winter in Green Gate Palmview, Texas. This was our fourth and longest visit. Unfortunately, my wife does not want to live in Texas. A visit yes, but not to live.

Really liked Green Gate. Well kept, a variety of activities, all you can eat citrus, nice folks and property was quite reasonable. Volunteered one day a week at the birding center. We found numerous places to walk right out of the park.  I would jog to both the birding and butterfly centers while there. 

Al

Modoc, S.C.

I just posted a lot for sale. Ours is in Lake Wales Fl. about 1 hour south of Disney. Its in a gated 55+ community that has just about everything. Its located middle of state about 3 hours south of Ga. Our lot is set up as a pull through lot that will accept the largest of RV's. This is a land owners park so there is no land leases. We have the deed to our lot. HOA fee;s are $525 a quarter. Last years property taxes were less then $200. If you would like more info. please feel free to contact me.

Chuck