Jump to content
rving mr

Taking long hot showers !?

Recommended Posts

Hi all

I was thinking about making this just with insulation board r10-20+. I defenetly need a out door room for drying laundry and I will be making a small RMH (Rocket Mass Heater) for drying.

 

And may bey add water heating and turn it in to a shower/dry room.  Or I will be upgrading my RV's bath room but I am concerned about condensation/moister/water damage. Should I be concerned about condensation/moister/water damage? I like super hot water and about 17-28 min showers. I don't have any thermometers to give you an idea other than wen I shower at house's I pretty much have the hot water max'd out.

 

So should I shower outside or in rv for long hot shower's ?

Edited by rving mr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you planning to buy an RV and then set it up permanently in one location? The things that you are asking seem to indicate that you do not plan to move the RV much, if at all? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Are you planning to buy an RV and then set it up permanently in one location? The things that you are asking seem to indicate that you do not plan to move the RV much, if at all? 

I'm hopping to be very mobile. I have a big rv right now but Ill be selling it to get money for my project.

I'm working on getting a small 5th wheel trailer frame and gutting a different trailer to make a small 5th wheel toy hauler. I'm hopping by making it shorter it makes a big difference in weight. I'm not having much luck yet.. Finance wiys. I want to do all my weight meshermints befor buying/modding a truck.

Edited by rving mr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where will you be camping?  If boondocking, you'll be challenged to carry enough water for too many 23 minute showers.  You'll also fill up your grey tank quickly.  So, for boondocking, I'd say take outdoor showers and bring an extra water tank.

If staying in RV Parks, you're not likely to be able to set up an outdoor shower contraption.  I don't think I've ever stayed at an RV Park which would allow that, so you'll need to use the park shower or go indoors on your RV.

Campgrounds are a mixed bag.  Most will let you set up a separate tent or dressing room, etc.  I don't know how they'd feel about you putting all that water on the ground though.  Many campgrounds don't have sewer taps, so you'd be limited to your grey tank in that case.  Long showers would fill it up pretty quickly.

Of course, since you're building your own RV, you can have as many fresh water tanks and grey water tanks as you wish.  You can use a demand type water heater for your long, hot showers.  However, with extended showers you'd go through propane quicker than normal also.

In summary, long hot showers don't necessarily go along with RV'ing that well..............but can be done.

Good luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look on the Campervan Kevin you tubes, he has a video up showing a continuous low water use shower design that the inventor will send you the plans and materials list for. It is well thought out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, noteven said:

If you look on the Campervan Kevin you tubes, he has a video up showing a continuous low water use shower design that the inventor will send you the plans and materials list for. It is well thought out. 

 

'It is 19 minutes long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, chirakawa said:

Where will you be camping?  If boondocking, you'll be challenged to carry enough water for too many 23 minute showers.  You'll also fill up your grey tank quickly.  So, for boondocking, I'd say take outdoor showers and bring an extra water tank.

If staying in RV Parks, you're not likely to be able to set up an outdoor shower contraption.  I don't think I've ever stayed at an RV Park which would allow that, so you'll need to use the park shower or go indoors on your RV.

Campgrounds are a mixed bag.  Most will let you set up a separate tent or dressing room, etc.  I don't know how they'd feel about you putting all that water on the ground though.  Many campgrounds don't have sewer taps, so you'd be limited to your grey tank in that case.  Long showers would fill it up pretty quickly.

Of course, since you're building your own RV, you can have as many fresh water tanks and grey water tanks as you wish.  You can use a demand type water heater for your long, hot showers.  However, with extended showers you'd go through propane quicker than normal also.

In summary, long hot showers don't necessarily go along with RV'ing that well..............but can be done.

Good luck.

 

I want to start traveling way north(usa). Ill be setting up a similar shower set up as the video's. I want to be super light w8.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:48 AM, noteven said:

If you look on the Campervan Kevin you tubes, he has a video up showing a continuous low water use shower design that the inventor will send you the plans and materials list for. It is well thought out. 

 

On 12/16/2019 at 6:42 AM, Bill Joyce said:

 

'It is 19 minutes long

TY I spent a few hrs going thru Campervan Kevin you tubes loking for this.. I gave up.

 

Good stuff. Would Epson salt burn eye's 😜 I live wear its cold and I have lots of fresh water(Over 80 gall tanks). I also will have to be plugged into power so i'll have live water feed. If and ween I get solar panels and wind turbine power system I will definitely be making similar set up :) for ween I go camping.

 

I steal need to know if the rv will take damage from taking long showers in it every day !?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you think an RV would be damaged by long showers?  High end diesel motorhomes with diesel hot water and heating systems have continuous hot water and their owners have been taking long showers for years, on hookups, without any problems I have heard of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, rving mr said:

I steal need to know if the rv will take damage from taking long showers in it every day !?

Only if you forget to empty the gray water tank. You will need to open your bathroom vent while showering to minimize the increase in humidity that showers cause. An RV has far less volume of air so the moisture that is put into the air from your activities, like cooking, showering, and even breathing will cause the humidity to be very high and that could cause your windows to sweat the same can happen in closets and behind furniture. Dual pane windows are less prone to this problem but even then the window frames may collect moisture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bill Joyce said:

Why would you think an RV would be damaged by long showers?  High end diesel motorhomes with diesel hot water and heating systems have continuous hot water and their owners have been taking long showers for years, on hookups, without any problems I have heard of.

Exactly. When DW says she will shower, I turn on both 120VAC and LP heating elements in my 10G  Atwood.  She usually takes a 20' shower, never have heard her complain of running out of hot water. The  low-flow shower head device  has a lot to do with that.

Of course this is on FHU only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

AGS Now Hiring

RV Pet Safety

RVTravel.com Logo



×
×
  • Create New...