jblo

Probable sale of my fifth wheel SOLD

Going to be moving to a motorhome in the near? future.  We are FT in a DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA, and having thoughts about how to go about buying MH/selling fiver and 450.  The DRV is a 2015 with full solar setup, dishwasher, fireplace, residential fridge, Morryde IS, Traveler Sat set up for Dish.  If anyone here is thinking about a newer/larger setup then currently owned, and our fiver would possibly fit, would appreciate a call to talk it over. Currently trying to determine trade-in values on both, lost on what the market is for this type of swap/trade.  As always, an owner thinks everything is worth more than the buyer, and the buyer thinks just the opposite.  Phone is 817--239----0514.   May not answer an unknown number,  just leave a message, I'll call back.  And thanks.

Joe

Edited by jblo

Good place to start on the camper :

https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2015/DRV/M-38RSSA/6541929

Go through the accessories, add them then hit continue at the bottom.  Good luck on finding a dealer to give you a decent value on the truck/rv.  Better off selling them yourself, IMHO

Truck:

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/Trucks

Post pics, or a link of pics for Camper. 

Edited by NDBirdman

It has been my experience that any options that you installed have ZERO value to a dealer when they are establishing a trade-in value BUT when it hits their lot, they highlight the heck out of those options, to their advantage.  The adage of buy low and sell high is their mantra.

Much better to do the sales yourself since you know what you did as options and why you did them.  The buyer will get educated from your experience and not from a salesperson that typically knows little.  Use this edge as an advantage.

Anyone who would like pics, send me your direct email.    joedobry  at  gmail.com    and will send them to you.

rpsinc, you are absolutely correct.

Edited by jblo

NDBirdman, 

Thanks for the link----NADA shows $77000 low retail, $92000 high retail. Quite a bit higher than reality, I would think.

14 hours ago, jblo said:

NDBirdman, 

Thanks for the link----NADA shows $77000 low retail, $92000 high retail. Quite a bit higher than reality, I would think.

You can get a free trial to the commercial version - in  my experience on a few trailers, it matches the RV Pricing values in the Facebook group.  It's a good starting point.  The trade in value also matched every dealers starting trade in value on my trailer when I was looking, and as other said - options only matter to the lenders value, but not to any dealer/sale price.

https://www.nadaguidesconnect.com

15 hours ago, jblo said:

NDBirdman, 

This is what I see when I hit the link.  Your add ons will raise the price some but good luck, I hope you get what you would like out of it.  I personally won't pay for someone's upgrades, I like to do my own.

Values

Suggested
List Price
Low
Retail
Average
Retail
Base Price
$136,364
$56,400
$67,950
Options (Add)

Total Price
$136,364
$56,400
$67,950
Edited by NDBirdman

Yeah, my numbers was using the option adds on the NADA site--however, would sure like someone to offer me $63000 for it, that would be where I need to be.

Thanks,

Joe

Often when using NADA, people will add on things that MAY have been part of the original trailer as it was sold.  In that case, it increases the valuation without justification.  I read somewhere that for the purpose of establishing the private party sale price range, it is best to use the base amenities and then work the range from there.  Also, most added accessories while PERHAPS having value to a buyer, will only do so to a buyer interested in those particular items, but if you added those for the purpose of making the RV more functional for your lifestyle, then establishing a value based on a percentage of its cost when installed, will be difficult to figure esp considering that some like solar, will have items like batteries and panel life expectancies associated with them.  Hard to determine this.

Hope it works out for you that you find someone looking for a trailer with the features that you chose and they are willing to pay for them.

On 12/7/2019 at 9:56 AM, rpsinc said:

It has been my experience that any options that you installed have ZERO value to a dealer when they are establishing a trade-in value BUT when it hits their lot, they highlight the heck out of those options, to their advantage.  The adage of buy low and sell high is their mantra.

Much better to do the sales yourself since you know what you did as options and why you did them.  The buyer will get educated from your experience and not from a salesperson that typically knows little.  Use this edge as an advantage.

Well said.

You could also go to the Facebook DRV sections and try to sell your rig. There are owners and people looking to buy on there all the time. To me it is about trying to reach your targeted buyer. To me it will not get any better then there as that is why they are there. 
One guy posted that he used to have a DRV, sold it and bought a class A and wants to go back to a DRV. Sounds like a match made in Heaven to me.

Edited by rynosback