Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

5 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

How does he even see out of it to drive?  Probably can't even pass a registration test.  Yep... donate to a charity instead.

If you read the text on the link provided, it says there are 4 cameras and 4 screens to see ahead.

For a bit less $$$$, you put a few baby Cummins up there and make more HP.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I like the idea and looks of the two 12-71s, but the superchargers in series is dumb, and looks worse.  Should have turbos and intercoolers.

useful? No, but will always draw a crowd wherever you show up.  

I think that meets the definition of art, looks interesting, creates conversation, but practically useless.

i would take it over a monet. 

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

Hi Everyone,

There was a video out there 6 to 7 years ago when ' Mad Mike ' had his diesel engine on a dyno. He is like a " Mad Scientist ". He is beyond Gear Head. lol.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

23 hours ago, Exile said:

I like the idea and looks of the two 12-71s, but the superchargers in series is dumb, and looks worse.  Should have turbos and intercoolers.

useful? No, but will always draw a crowd wherever you show up.  

I think that meets the definition of art, looks interesting, creates conversation, but practically useless.

i would take it over a monet. 

That is a 2 stroke Detroit, you have to have a supercharger to scavenge the exhaust and get a good intake air charge. You can also add a turbo (the factory did as well after a few years) to feed the supercharger for more power.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

You will spend more time polishing all that chrome than driving it.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

On 11/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, GeorgiaHybrid said:

That is a 2 stroke Detroit, you have to have a supercharger to scavenge the exhaust and get a good intake air charge. You can also add a turbo (the factory did as well after a few years) to feed the supercharger for more power.

Yep, uniflow engines require a blower to operate at low rpm before a turbo will provide enough scavenge pressure.  Can be done with an electric fan also, though not usually on automotive engines.  

it is putting blowers in series that i object to.  Just wasted effort, turbos are generally more efficient at higher rpms.  But then again, i have never built a 3500 hp engine.  what he did obviously works, just seems inefficient. 

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

6 hours ago, Exile said:

it is putting blowers in series that i object to.  Just wasted effort, turbos are generally more efficient at higher rpms.  But then again, i have never built a 3500 hp engine.  what he did obviously works, just seems inefficient. 

Just shows the goal was "WOW" factor, rather making something that actually works.  There's a lot more reflective surface on a "blower" than on a turbo housing.😜

Or, in this case, more surface area on which to apply lipstick, but it's still just a big pig.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

The injector hats with butterfly's is a nice touch on a diesel😉

Let's see 12 8-71 blowers with a conservative parasitic draw of 100HP each, that package of 2 buzzin dozen should make a lot more power with a different induction system.      

I get it that it is an "art car" personally it is rather clunky but hey, I haven't come up with some 12 million dollar beast 🙊

As an old car guy told me long ago, their IS an ass for every seat.

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Notice the trucking company name on the doors? The cost might have been eligible to amortize/write-off the books as advertising expense.

An aside, many years ago- 1998, an OTR independent trucker showed his 1,000HP daily driver. He said when towing an empty trailer he could spin the tires at 40 MPH.

I would've hated to pay his fuel bills.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Staged turbochargers add their pressures together supplying higher manifold pressure (“boost” in internet speak) at lower turbine rpm. Roots type blowers on vacuum trucks just got bigger - never added one to another to increase capacity to move the atmposphere.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

On 11/30/2019 at 9:41 PM, Ray,IN said:

Notice the trucking company name on the doors? The cost might have been eligible to amortize/write-off the books as advertising expense.

An aside, many years ago- 1998, an OTR independent trucker showed his 1,000HP daily driver. He said when towing an empty trailer he could spin the tires at 40 MPH.

I would've hated to pay his fuel bills.

Every tune increases power while giving increased fuel economy. Approx 15:1 air to fuel ratio no apply in the gear jammer cafe 😀 If a guy could get a class 8 engine tuned to 2000hp I figure you’d have to stop and take fuel out of the tanks...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

6 hours ago, noteven said:

Every tune increases power while giving increased fuel economy. Approx 15:1 air to fuel ratio no apply in the gear jammer cafe 😀 If a guy could get a class 8 engine tuned to 2000hp I figure you’d have to stop and take fuel out of the tanks...

image.png.0c53c24b6b42ea4aa5e4fbebd39c3e20.png

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961