Brad & Jacolyn

This is someone with to much money

5 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

How does he even see out of it to drive?  Probably can't even pass a registration test.  Yep... donate to a charity instead.

If you read the text on the link provided, it says there are 4 cameras and 4 screens to see ahead.

For a bit less $$$$, you put a few baby Cummins up there and make more HP.

I like the idea and looks of the two 12-71s, but the superchargers in series is dumb, and looks worse.  Should have turbos and intercoolers.

useful? No, but will always draw a crowd wherever you show up.  

I think that meets the definition of art, looks interesting, creates conversation, but practically useless.

i would take it over a monet. 

Hi Everyone,

There was a video out there 6 to 7 years ago when ' Mad Mike ' had his diesel engine on a dyno. He is like a " Mad Scientist ". He is beyond Gear Head. lol.

Al

23 hours ago, Exile said:

I like the idea and looks of the two 12-71s, but the superchargers in series is dumb, and looks worse.  Should have turbos and intercoolers.

useful? No, but will always draw a crowd wherever you show up.  

I think that meets the definition of art, looks interesting, creates conversation, but practically useless.

i would take it over a monet. 

That is a 2 stroke Detroit, you have to have a supercharger to scavenge the exhaust and get a good intake air charge. You can also add a turbo (the factory did as well after a few years) to feed the supercharger for more power.

On 11/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, GeorgiaHybrid said:

That is a 2 stroke Detroit, you have to have a supercharger to scavenge the exhaust and get a good intake air charge. You can also add a turbo (the factory did as well after a few years) to feed the supercharger for more power.

Yep, uniflow engines require a blower to operate at low rpm before a turbo will provide enough scavenge pressure.  Can be done with an electric fan also, though not usually on automotive engines.  

it is putting blowers in series that i object to.  Just wasted effort, turbos are generally more efficient at higher rpms.  But then again, i have never built a 3500 hp engine.  what he did obviously works, just seems inefficient. 

6 hours ago, Exile said:

it is putting blowers in series that i object to.  Just wasted effort, turbos are generally more efficient at higher rpms.  But then again, i have never built a 3500 hp engine.  what he did obviously works, just seems inefficient. 

Just shows the goal was "WOW" factor, rather making something that actually works.  There's a lot more reflective surface on a "blower" than on a turbo housing.😜

Or, in this case, more surface area on which to apply lipstick, but it's still just a big pig.

The injector hats with butterfly's is a nice touch on a diesel😉

Let's see 12 8-71 blowers with a conservative parasitic draw of 100HP each, that package of 2 buzzin dozen should make a lot more power with a different induction system.      

I get it that it is an "art car" personally it is rather clunky but hey, I haven't come up with some 12 million dollar beast 🙊

As an old car guy told me long ago, their IS an ass for every seat.

Steve

Notice the trucking company name on the doors? The cost might have been eligible to amortize/write-off the books as advertising expense.

An aside, many years ago- 1998, an OTR independent trucker showed his 1,000HP daily driver. He said when towing an empty trailer he could spin the tires at 40 MPH.

I would've hated to pay his fuel bills.

Edited by Ray,IN

Staged turbochargers add their pressures together supplying higher manifold pressure (“boost” in internet speak) at lower turbine rpm. Roots type blowers on vacuum trucks just got bigger - never added one to another to increase capacity to move the atmposphere.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:41 PM, Ray,IN said:

Notice the trucking company name on the doors? The cost might have been eligible to amortize/write-off the books as advertising expense.

An aside, many years ago- 1998, an OTR independent trucker showed his 1,000HP daily driver. He said when towing an empty trailer he could spin the tires at 40 MPH.

I would've hated to pay his fuel bills.

Every tune increases power while giving increased fuel economy. Approx 15:1 air to fuel ratio no apply in the gear jammer cafe 😀 If a guy could get a class 8 engine tuned to 2000hp I figure you’d have to stop and take fuel out of the tanks...

6 hours ago, noteven said:

Every tune increases power while giving increased fuel economy. Approx 15:1 air to fuel ratio no apply in the gear jammer cafe 😀 If a guy could get a class 8 engine tuned to 2000hp I figure you’d have to stop and take fuel out of the tanks...

image.png.0c53c24b6b42ea4aa5e4fbebd39c3e20.png