Unlimited Antenna TV with no monthly fee?

It’s just a new digital form of old fashioned rabbit ears. It will receive over the air signals in HD if you are in an area to find a signal. If you are out in the boonies you may not have a signal. Also you will not be able to receive Cable/Sat only channels like ESPN, Turner Classic Movies, CNN, etc. You will only receive OTA broadcast channels. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

No catch, just overblown hype designed to reel in gullable people.

I'm sure the package is exactly as described ... an over the air antenna that picks up local broadcast stations, the same as what you'd get using the Winegard antenna already on your RV.

Plus a DVR that lets you record these broadcasts for later viewing.  A quick Google search shows these are available starting at $36 from places like Walmart.com

Edited by Lou Schneider

We have been making some trips away from our RV and confess we like to watch TV but hate commercials so looking into something we can carry with us to put in rentals to record shows and replay without commercials.

I will look into portable DVR's that we might be able to connect to the TV where we stay.

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have been using Channel Masters DVR for almost 5 years now. Works great.

https://www.channelmaster.com/OTA_DVR_s/336.htm

I use a Firestick now to watch most of my shows. But then you will have a data concern not to mention how the signal is where you are. The more things you have in your arsenal the better you will be.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

We now are using YouTube TV for all of our OTR and cable channel viewing.  It comes with an "infinite capacity" cloud DVR so we never have to worry about whether or not it's convenient to watch shows when they are scheduled. Yes, it does require data, but there are a number of truly unlimited plans now available from several sources.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 12:25 PM, docj said:

We now are using YouTube TV for all of our OTR and cable channel viewing.  It comes with an "infinite capacity" cloud DVR so we never have to worry about whether or not it's convenient to watch shows when they are scheduled. Yes, it does require data, but there are a number of truly unlimited plans now available from several sources.

Are you traveling with the YT TV?  I was told a year ago that it was not possible to get OTA channels in an RV with YT TV.  If possible, are you getting a single location OTA or changing as you travel?

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

On 11/23/2019 at 1:55 PM, Velos said:

I will look into portable DVR's that we might be able to connect to the TV where we stay.

The cheapest option is to pick up one of these:

Ematic converter box

Available at Walmart for $27.99. With the addition of a USB hard drive or thumb drive it becomes a DVR. I have one of these and there are some issues but once you get the hang of things it works quite well.

1. Only one tuner.
  2. No skip function which means you have to fast forward through commercials.
  3. You can not start watching a show until it has finished recording.
  4. Very limited program guide.
  5. Sometimes channels will disappear which means you have to rescan channels.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

13 hours ago, ewacowboy said:

Are you traveling with the YT TV?  I was told a year ago that it was not possible to get OTA channels in an RV with YT TV.  If possible, are you getting a single location OTA or changing as you travel?

You can get your hometown local stations as long as you login from there every once in a while.  I think the TOS says that you have to log in every 30 days but the system didn't seem to be  that strict.   Because we were traveling for >3 months last summer we eventually lost our Corpus Christi locals and started getting locals from the cities we were near.  But what was interesting was that the shows we were recording on the cloud DVR were still being fed from the Corpus Christi stations.  You could tell that from the commercials.  We could no longer watch those shows in real time but we could watch them immediately after they were recorded.

I also tried using a VPN to see how it affected things.  The system knew that I was using a VPN but it did let me change my local channels to Houston, which was one of the choices available through ExpressVPN.

YouTube TV lets you change your official location twice a year. but since there are no contracts I'm not sure how they could stop you from starting a new subscription at a different location.

Because we connect to 

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels