RV IS THIS WORTH THE MONEY

DJW

RV

Is this worth the money for what is being offered?  Was thinking of getting it for the GD.  Would you buy it?

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/sys/d/little-rock-excellent-used-microsoft/6998283947.html

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

If I were in the local area and could check it out myself, perhaps. I am typing this on my Surface pro 4 i7 256 and I have an Otterbox for it, as well as the pen and Microsoft pro 4 type cover with back light. I am about to sell it and buy  either a used Surface Pro 6 or new Pro 7 quad core. Everything Intel in the Surface Pro line pre-generation 8 are dual core. The Surface Pro 6 and 7 have quad core Gen 8 & 9 processors.

I just sold my Pro 3 which got a lot of use for years and it still ran 3-4 hours on charge. This i7 dual core screams and gets 8 hours on a charge. I can't wait to try the quad core new or used.

To answer your question, if it is indeed flawless and scratches and used very little and I did not already have one, nor had the money for new, perhaps, I probably would bring $350.00 cash and get it either way. It is the number of charges that bring down run times over years.

There is little difference in the Pro 6 and 7 thus my interest in the right Pro 6 used or the new Pro 7.

If you can fire it up personally and locally your call. Remember my used Pros were refurbs from Microsoft with one year on the 3, and two year full warranty on the refurb Pro 4.

If you can test it locally your call. No warranty by mail, no.

The pre Surface Pro 6 systems are all dual core. The Surface Pro 6 and Surface Pro 7 systems are all quad core and Gen 8 and 9 Intel processors. Intel finally fixed the Spectre and Meldown processor flaws in the Gen 8 processors. All our systems with Intel Gen 2 - 7 peocessorshave those flaws. The patch for the flaw slows down all of our Gen 2-7 Intel chipsets more than is acceptable for me. That's why my systems will sell so cheaply as I go. They're OK, but gen8 up much faster.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/15/intel-chip-redesign-spectre-meltdown-flaws/

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

RV

I thought with the 6 additional accessories that it comes with it might have been a good buy?  It would not be by mail I would see if I could get them to meet me somewhere between LR and BV so I did not have drive all the way into LR.  It was just a thought.

Dennis

Edited by DJW

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Dennis,

I own that pro 4. It is a great buy for what is included but you asked if I would buy it, and my answer, boiled down, was/is I am not buying another computer system with any processor prior to Intel Gen 8 processors. I'd go look at the Pro 4 if not too far. I'm shopping for a refurb from MS with a year warranty, Surface Pro 6 or 7 with an i7/256 or 512GB SSD/16GB RAM/pen and keyboard. Remember I had to return this refurb Surface Pro 4 four times to Microsoft before they sent me one that was without the screen shake issue or other known issues. 

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Dennis,

Lots of sales on new systems. And used online stick close to home. Folks like me who bought new systems will be selling our old systems for the next month and just after getting new systems for the holidays.

Happy Holidays folks!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998