How to bring in more light ? Custom ideas.

rving mr

4 hours ago, sandsys said:

I looked at the two examples you gave and realized your snowmobile would take at least 1/3 of the trailer's carrying capacity. How do you plan to live full time with so little space and capacity to store anything? How much does your snowmobile suit weigh and how compactly does it compress? Do you plan on eating only freeze-dried food to keep that weight down? I'm curious as to how you plant to live full time in such a unit.

Linda Sand

The snowmobile will be parked out side during living. The videos (in my opinion) are terabul design. I can make crank down racks or cargo nets that mount to the ceiling during transporting. I might have some space on top of roof. I have not started designing it yet. I'm steal browsing to see if there is any easier way to do what I want.

1 hour ago, noteven said:

What is the make and model of your snowmobile?

I have not started shopping yet. Most likely I pick up a junker to work on.

2 hours ago, rving mr said:

I have not started shopping yet. Most likely I pick up a junker to work on.

So, you'll need to pack tools as well?

It doesn't matter how good your design skills are if your frame and axels can't carry the weight you need.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

12 hours ago, sandsys said:

It doesn't matter how good your design skills are if your frame and axels can't carry the weight you need.

Linda

Or your truck. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I know many, many, people who tow 2 horse with small dressing room horse trailers with 1/2 ton trucks. They would hold a snow machine fine and still give you the gooseneck for sleeping. You might even find a small living quarters(LQ) if you look around. Also as has been said not all 1/2 ton trucks are the same, my neighbor pulls a 25 foot or so travel trailer, it has bunks and looks good size, with a Toyota, when he traded he got the same thing so he must be happy. I will not speculate as to his gvw.

6 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Or your truck. 

Yes, but. It's a small truck towing a trailer hauling a snowmobile. How close is he to combined gross vehicle weight? He may not be able to carry those tools in his truck either.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 11/24/2019 at 7:15 PM, sandsys said:

Linda

No I live on a big property at the moment. But I can rebuild a engen with less 80lb of tools.

On 11/25/2019 at 8:05 AM, Lance A Lott said:

I know many, many, people who tow 2 horse with small dressing room horse trailers with 1/2 ton trucks. They would hold a snow machine fine and still give you the gooseneck for sleeping. You might even find a small living quarters(LQ) if you look around. Also as has been said not all 1/2 ton trucks are the same, my neighbor pulls a 25 foot or so travel trailer, it has bunks and looks good size, with a Toyota, when he traded he got the same thing so he must be happy. I will not speculate as to his gvw.

Ty good idea . It will give me the frame to work with :)

21 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

People can tow anything they want..... but is it safe?

Tru.

17 hours ago, rickeieio said:

It would appear that the OP needs to do a lot of homework.  

lots 😜