A/C cover or shroud

rickeieio

We have a pair of Dometic units, one an ac and the other a heat pump.  Both have the same cover/shroud/lid, and both need replacing.  I've searched all over the web, using model numbers, names, phrases, etc, and have come up empty handed.

Model numbers are:  620525 and 630516 respectively.

I know I could likely just call my nearest rv dealer, but with my recent experience in buying skylight domes, I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about throwing lots of money away.

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

The darn things seem to shatter & break frequently. After seeing $100 plus for new ones, I made my own out of aluminum sheet. More than a few years now, and looking good. PM me if you want a pic. Any sheet metal shop can bend you up something for probably less than 2 new ones (if you could get them).

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

If you don't want to make your own, there are after market versions that are of better quality materials than those from the air conditioner manufacturers. You can find them on Amazon and most will last far longer than the OEM versions. There are several other sources. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks.  Recently,  I needed two skylight domes.  RV dealers wanted $104 to $155 each.  I found a store listed on both Amazon and eBay, with prices of about $50 each.  Contacted them directly and got them for $75 pair, delivered.

I like the idea of making them of aluminum.  Sounds like a project for grandson and I.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

About $120 + or - is what I've found them to be and be of good quality.  Under $100 and the quality takes a dump.  Whatever You eventually get, periodically spray them with Protecterant 303  available at Amazon, Walmart, RV dealers.  

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

We have a pair of Dometic units, one an ac and the other a heat pump.  Both have the same cover/shroud/lid, and both need replacing.  I've searched all over the web, using model numbers, names, phrases, etc, and have come up empty handed.

Model numbers are:  620525 and 630516 respectively.

I know I could likely just call my nearest rv dealer, but with my recent experience in buying skylight domes, I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about throwing lots of money away.

Amazon has them for both the new and old style, old is $104 and new style is $116. They state that they aren't the same brittle material the Dometics are, I've looked everywhere and they are the cheapest new ones I could find and will be ordering one soon. They are made by ICON not Dometic.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Thanks all.  Now the decision is whether to just order them, or make it a project with grandson.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Rick, they have stacks of them at the store here. I coulda brought you a couple to Kansas if I had known :( 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

8 hours ago, Big5er said:

Rick, they have stacks of them at the store here. I coulda brought you a couple to Kansas if I had known :( 

Are you coming to ECR?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

No...not gonna make it. Looks like I'm flunking retirement.

2014 smart Fortwo

1 hour ago, Danandfreda said:

I hope I do better than you did. looks like if things go the way they look we will be homeless in February and out of Illinois by April. Got a smart car last week. Order truck in February and probably stay in Tennessee until truck is done

Dan, for what they are paying me I should be able to bank $55-60k in one year..after taxes. The pension is great but I'd like to build up that cash reserve a bit. This seems like the fastest and easiest way to do it. Oh, and for as long as I am employed I get a $200 a month raise on the pension.....I go back 100% on their dime for insurance :)

Edited by Big5er

2014 smart Fortwo

4 hours ago, Big5er said:

The pension is great but I'd like to build up that cash reserve a bit.

I really thought about waiting to retire when I reached the earliest my employer allowed us to retire without penalty for early retirement. I was 57 and the added money from working a couple more years plus what it would increase my pension by were really tempting, but the job wasn't that much fun any more so I left on the very first day that I was eligible to do so. As I look back now, after nearly 20 years I am so glad that I took the pension when I did. The experiences we had fulltime RVing those 2 or 3 extra years that I considered working are far more valuable to me than more money. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI