Brake Buddy Customer Service

oldjohnt

It appears Brake Buddy in Kansas may have great customer service and repair, only time will tell ????  I'm on the road towing my Honda CRV behind the motorhome and my Brake Buddy Classic develops an air leak causing the compressor to run too long too often. I'ma thinking/guessing the air pressure regulator is the problem (maybe something minor I can cure, I will look) and if I had plenty of time (ordering parts is time consuming)  Id order parts and repair it myself, but I'm on the move and don't like to drive without the toads auxiliary brake. Soooooooo I call Brake Buddy Tech Support (answered immediate by an English speaking gent NOT Habib in Pakistan) and they inform me they can ship me a loner unit almost overnight,,,,,,,I return my unit in the same box,,,,,They diagnose the problem and cost of repair and call me for authorization,,,,,,,,,,If repaired they ship it out to me and I return the loner,,,,,,The price estimates (versus what may be wrong) they gave me were very reasonable and when returned its all serviced and updated and supposedly good as new ???

After researching my models problems and looking at the cost of new or used units and the time factors in repair or replace (myself or let Brake Buddy do it) and if an inspection doesn't show something minor like an obvious leak I can easily cure, I can order the loner and it will be waiting for me when I arrive at SKP in Livingston Texas.  I am happy with the Brake Buddy type of toad braking and don't want to charge systems now, so I may take them up on their offer. Blue Ox and Roadmaster also make similar units (maybe better maybe not) but considering cost I'm sticking with Brake Buddy for now.  

Any others have similar experience with Brake Buddy Classic and their service ???

John T   Live from Hot Springs where it was 18 last night brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Dry camping has been an experience when its this darn cold grrrrrrrrrrr  

I used a Brake Buddy for many years starting with one I got ued in 1992. I upgraded it to what is now called the Classic in 2005 and used it until we let the motorhome go in 2012. In all of that time I only twice had contact with their service and one time the issue was resolved by phone, the other they sent me a part and I did the work. If I went back to a motorhome I'd probably also go back to Brake Buddy.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI