New Dish 54.0 remotes

I have DISH and I noticed they have new remotes available. I bought 3, one for forward area, bedroom, and now I have one for my external TV bay. I didn't realize you could add them, stupid me! Anyways the new remotes you can get on Amazon or from Dish and have a much better button press but also voice command via Google Home (I don't have any google home things as I use Alexa) and the setup is easy. It's also backlit which is nice. 

The former remotes I have with my Wally boxes are called 52.0 remotes. 

Nice add for any Dish customers.

Neal
2017 Newmar Ventana 4037 - 1800W Solar - HWH Active Air
2017 Chevy Colorado with Blue Ox and Air Force One
https://rvforums.com

6 hours ago, Chalkie said:

One note here, the new remotes work with Alexa (Amazon) just fine. However, if you want to use the voice control you MUST have internet.

You always had to have Internet to use the voice control, even before the Alexi integration.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I haven't been without Internet for a year thanks to my Pepwave setup in my motorhome and roof mounted antenna. But hey, if you don't have Internet then just press the guide button haha. We'll suffer but still be able to find shows.

Neal
2017 Newmar Ventana 4037 - 1800W Solar - HWH Active Air
2017 Chevy Colorado with Blue Ox and Air Force One
https://rvforums.com

1 minute ago, NealC said:

But hey, if you don't have Internet then just press the guide button haha. We'll suffer but still be able to find shows.

I think you can still do a search without the internet.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Dish sent out free 54.0 remotes to some subscribers based on an unknown criteria. Ours showed up with no notice one day, and after trying it out for a few days, it's been relegated to "spare" duty in case one of our preferred 40.0 remotes dies. Every time one us spoke into the 54, the other one would say, "What? Speak up..."

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I also got one and via Dish chat, they don't have set up for return. but they did cut/paste the proper way to dispose of electronics. Mine went to best buy under their return/collect electronics for recycling.  The reasons I didn't want. Dish voice like Amazon, Alexi, google voice is they all have humans listening for (their words for better customer service, we don't record or write down anything said). 

Just clarification, 4 months ago lightning strike took out one circuit (tv, router,dish receiver, Roku stick all changed) when tech set up all voice was turned off/deactivated (voice on is default).

But every time Dish does an auto up date on Wally is automatically turns voice setting back on -then in Dish mail box on TV it wants me to activate the new remote down to referencing the serial #.

And then my router ASUE AC1900, Roku even my cell reminds me of google voice all send email notes (in general reference your TV is voice activated (on) so for better service activate voice on our equipment.

So I spend time going thru my equipment and turn voice activation OFF.

My right to privacy, I am do disable enough to need voice assist. or am not that lazy.

just a note; you close your window shades for privacy and whisper to each other in public when talking about someone else BUT leave your electronic voice activated stuff on for (better customer service) 

Edited by staffnon
spelling