Thinking about new seats for the Pete.............

mr. cob

Ya we had 6 or 8 seats in a row at our store with air connected over by the coffee bar. 

My dually has “Legacy Silver” seats with air lumbar that are comfy but I don’t ever drive “commercial” distances in a day. Last big day was 12 hours hauling 4 loads of bales including 3/4 mile off road in the field in and out and I wasn’t feeling too busted. oops *disclaimer* those were not commercial bales they were private bales. I carried a camp stove, bucket, can a beans, jug of water and a sleeping bag so I could say they haystack is my “motorhome”. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy All,

I just now placed an order for a pair of the Prime 400C with heat seats, I ordered the seats with both the standard and low brackets, that way when it comes time to sell the truck if the buyer doesn't like the low seats it will be easy to swap to the standard bracket. 

I'll update this thread after I get the seats and have them installed and give an opinion as to fit, finish, and comfort, my first long trip with the new seats will be northern California to pick up my trailer from Chad's home, he has now finished installing a super duper solar system in my trailer.  The trip to Chad's home is over 800 miles that should be a good test for comfort.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

5 minutes ago, DesertMiner said:

?

Howdy DesertMiner,

Sat in that I could locally which wasn't much, needed seats, so I took the chance.  ANYTHING will be better then what I now have and for the money the seats I ordered have the most adjustments.  If I end up not liking them, you can always say "I told you so" and you would be right.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

13 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy DesertMiner,

Sat in that I could locally which wasn't much, needed seats, so I took the chance.  ANYTHING will be better then what I now have and for the money the seats I ordered have the most adjustments.  If I end up not liking them, you can always say "I told you so" and you would be right.

Dave

Hay Dave if you need help putting those seats in let me know I don't live very far away I can give you a hand they are heavy.

2011 Volvo D13 485/1750  Eaton 13 Speed

2016 Montana 3820FK

Hey Dave,

If you need help with the seats, I'm sure that Hoss and a couple others in that group would be more than willing to give you a hand also.  No one wants to see, or hear, that you messed up one of your new knees doing this job.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

5 hours ago, dan412 said:

Hay Dave if you need help putting those seats in let me know I don't live very far away I can give you a hand they are heavy.

Howdy Dan,

Have we met, I meet so many people and seriously what’s left of my memory leaves me embraced by not recalling the names of darn near everyone.

I will need some help taking the old seats out and putting the new ones in, at this time I can’t kneel and crawl around like I used to.  Looking at the way the seats are bolted in the rear bolts will have to be taken out from inside the sleeper and there is no way I am going to be able to contort my body in to such a position.

I live a couple of miles outside of Granite Falls, where do you live I don’t want to impose on someone who lives a distance away.

According to the folks I ordered the seats from they should arrive sometime during the first week of December.

Thanks for your offer of help if you’re close by  maybe we can get this done.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

4 hours ago, Striper said:

Hey Dave,

If you need help with the seats, I'm sure that Hoss and a couple others in that group would be more than willing to give you a hand also.  No one wants to see, or hear, that you messed up one of your new knees doing this job.

Joe

Howdy Joe,

Again my lack of memory fails me, have we met?

I did post a PM to Hoss, as he has a large shop where there would be a dry place to do this job, I have not heard back from Hoss, I do know he is working many hours and has very little time for things like this.  Mark, is the only person I have kept in contact with my travels have kept up away from most of my gatherings the last 10 years or so.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

6 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Dan,

Have we met, I meet so many people and seriously what’s left of my memory leaves me embraced by not recalling the names of darn near everyone.

I will need some help taking the old seats out and putting the new ones in, at this time I can’t kneel and crawl around like I used to.  Looking at the way the seats are bolted in the rear bolts will have to be taken out from inside the sleeper and there is no way I am going to be able to contort my body in to such a position.

I live a couple of miles outside of Granite Falls, where do you live I don’t want to impose on someone who lives a distance away.

According to the folks I ordered the seats from they should arrive sometime during the first week of December.

Thanks for your offer of help if you’re close by  maybe we can get this done.

Dave

Hi Dave,

We have met at the HDT Rally in Kansas I live in Arlington Heights only a few miles from Granite Falls via the Jordan road. I'm willing to help you but  I don't have a garage to work in.  You can pm me if you want and I will give you my number.

Dan

2011 Volvo D13 485/1750  Eaton 13 Speed

2016 Montana 3820FK

1 hour ago, dan412 said:

Hi Dave,

We have met at the HDT Rally in Kansas I live in Arlington Heights only a few miles from Granite Falls via the Jordan road. I'm willing to help you but  I don't have a garage to work in.  You can pm me if you want and I will give you my number.

Dan

Howdy Dan,

So sorry to have forgotten you, when I see you I am sure it will jog my .memory I usually can remember faces and vehicles but names escape me.  I see that you have sent me a PM, I'll answer it shorty.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, dan412 said:

Hi Dave,

Dan

Howdy Dan,

I am replying to your PM, now.  Thanks for contacting me.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

8 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Joe,

Again my lack of memory fails me, have we met?

I did post a PM to Hoss, as he has a large shop where there would be a dry place to do this job, I have not heard back from Hoss, I do know he is working many hours and has very little time for things like this.  Mark, is the only person I have kept in contact with my travels have kept up away from most of my gatherings the last 10 years or so.

Dave

Hey Dave,

Not a problem with your memory, we have met but it was back at one of the parties at the hossienda when you were using your monster jeep to pull people out of the mud pit.

Another place you might check out for help with your decals is Image 360 in Burlington.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

4 minutes ago, Striper said:

Hey Dave,

Not a problem with your memory, we have met but it was back at one of the parties at the hossienda when you were using your monster jeep to pull people out of the mud pit.

Another place you might check out for help with your decals is Image 360 in Burlington.

Joe

.Howdy Joe,

My Jeep at Hoss's mud hole, that had to be at least 10 years ago, after they pretty much locked up the Peoples Republik of Washington, I sold that monster as there was no place on the west side of the mountains where I could use it.  Thanks for your suggestion of where to get the flames applied.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg