austi003

Renogy Starter Kit (Two 100W Solar Panels and 30A PWM Controller)

I originally purchased an old 1990 Lance Truck Camper to refurbish, and I put the Renogy 200W starter kit on it. However, I upgraded to a new Travel Trailer and I'm going to be doing a significant upgrade to my Solar Setup.

I have 2 100W Renogy Mono Solar Panels and the 30A PWM Controller for sale. Depending on when you purchase, I may also have two (mostly new) 6v golf cart batteries that came with my Travel Trailer as well.

I'm traveling to Alabama to visit family for Thanksgiving and planning to do my full Solar install while I'm there, and then headed out west towards Arizona in January. Given the weight of trying to ship Solar Panels and potentially batteries, I'd prefer to find someone along my route that might be interested in this equipment.

They are still mostly new, I'm just upgrading to 200W solar panels and an MPPT controller as I'm a full time nomad working in tech, and I want the extra Solar power.

These are the items I have available. I'm most motivated to sell to someone that wants everything, but I will sell in pieces too. Please make an actual offer and do not ask the question "What's the lowest you will take" because I will ignore that question.

Most of the Renogy Starter Kit (Depending on length of cable needed, I may still have the full kit available, but the wires were trimmed down for my TC Solar Install) 
   - 
Goes for $302 on Amazon and I'm looking for $200 OBO

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Monocrystalline-Solar-Starter-Wanderer/dp/B00BCRG22A/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3CT6MIM4JBTY2&keywords=renogy+starter+kit&qid=1573744133&sprefix=Renogy+Sta%2Caps%2C681&sr=8-4

VertaMax 1500W PSW Inverter - $268 on Amazon and I'm looking for $150 OBO 
https://www.amazon.com/VertaMax-Inverter-Cables-Remote-Control/dp/B06XPRJ1HB/ref=sr_1_4?crid=20PI0JBF4RP6M&keywords=vertamax+1500+watt+pure+sine+wave+inverter&qid=1573744312&sprefix=Vertamax+15%2Caps%2C266&sr=8-4

2x - Deka 6v Golf Cart Batteries - 230 aH - Looking for $150 OBO
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Deka-6-Volt-448-Amp-Golf-Cart-Battery/50183775

Edited by austi003

That Renogy 30A PWM controller can handle 400 watts - you could add two more Renogy panels to your system for the full 400 watts that it can deliver.  Maybe save yourself some money?

You maybe should add where you are and your route and dates in your planned trip around thanksgiving.  Would help for someone to possibly meet make a deal.  Just a thought.

Jim

11 hours ago, Rich&Sylvia said:

That Renogy 30A PWM controller can handle 400 watts - you could add two more Renogy panels to your system for the full 400 watts that it can deliver.  Maybe save yourself some money?

I'm upgrading to Battleborn, 200 aH right now and 400 aH next spring. I'm moving to the HiTech 200W Panels because I can get 800-1000K Watts up there if needed, and I'll need a larger MPPTS

2 hours ago, Cowdog353 said:

You maybe should add where you are and your route and dates in your planned trip around thanksgiving.  Would help for someone to possibly meet make a deal.  Just a thought.

Jim

Yes, sorry great suggestion.

Right now I am in Colorado Springs and will be driving to Huntsville, AL as soon as my RV Registration comes in the mail (sometime between now and Dec 3rd).

The two likely routes are I-70 through Kansas until St. Louis, and then south through Paducah, Nashville, etc. into Huntsville. The other option is to go the southern route down to New Mexico, Texas, and across I-40W. 

If I still have them after the new year (or arranging a deal to meet someone after the new year), I'll be heading out towards Arizona with known stops in Texas. I won't mind venturing a little off my path going this way if there is somewhere cool to see and it helps me meet up with someone to make the sell.

54 minutes ago, folivier said:

Would you sell just the 2 panels? 

How old are they?

I'm near Baton Rouge just off I-10

I'm not opposed to it, just figured it might be easier for me to offload to someone that needs a good starter kit of Solar Panels and Charge controller. 

I purchased and installed back in June of this year for the Truck Camper, and took them off of the roof (and been in storage since) in October when I sold the Truck Camper. 

For that route, I'd probably wait until after the new year as I could drive out I-20 and meet you somewhere along that route.

pending your cost, and my wallet.

i plan to be at quartzsite this mid jan.  but only for a week at most.

i have to save my vac time for escapde. (sad i still must work at a full time job).

10 hours ago, acampingwewillgo said:

I'll be in "Q" too and if they are still available and the price is right, I'd have an interest also.  I'll check back here to monitor the sale/progress.

I'll probably be out around the Quartzite area by Jan 18th. I realize I'm not going to get anywhere near full price; just looking to get as close as possible for like new equipment.

I also have a 1500W VertaMax Inverter that I forgot to mention. 

I have an older motorhome and I'm finally thinking seriously about getting some Solar BUT I plan to keep it rather simple and small(12 Volt Panels vs higher voltage).  I figure I can get 6-8 100-160 watt Panels on my roof with all the other junk. My Inverter is built in so no need.  I do plan to be in "Q" proper on 1/23 but I'll be in near by Parker the two weeks prior.   We'll see how it goes!!