toll roads around el paso

hasti14

If there is a toll road in the El Paso area I have never encountered it. What you will have there is traffic that is a mess unless you arrive in the middle of the night. I have traveled between Demming and Van Horn many times and I just try to time my passage through the area on a light traffic day and I avoid the rush hour traffic. Sunday morning seems to be the best time that we have passed through. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We travel thru El Paso a couple times a year:

Going East on I-10, get off at Anthony Hwy 404.   Continue east to Hwy 213 - turn south there... continue on traveling south to Hwy 375.   Turn east on Hwy 375 there, following it south & east until it loops around to join I-10.

These are good roads, negligible grades, 

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

It has been over a year since I have been in El Paso but my rule, in big cities, is avoid peak rush hours. Then find a 18 wheeler and follow the traillights. Keep back 100 yards or insight so if the truck changes lanes you can maneuver. In Illinois you do that to dodge pot holes.

Do know your route just in case the truck is not part the through traffic or take the alternate described above.

Clay

Edited by ms60ocb

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

1 hour ago, Jim & Alice said:

We travel thru El Paso a couple times a year:

Going East on I-10, get off at Anthony Hwy 404.   Continue east to Hwy 213 - turn south there... continue on traveling south to Hwy 375.   Turn east on Hwy 375 there, following it south & east until it loops around to join I-10.

These are good roads, negligible grades, 

This^^. (Native of the Las Cruces/El Paso area - travel this route often.)

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

I worked at the Escapees campground in Demming NM, Dream Catcher RV Park. In the office is a map of a bypass around El Paso. I don’t remember the directions but if you go in the office they will be able to show it to you. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

11 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

We've done the alternate route, more hassle than any perceived time saved.   

We tried it also and while it might be worth the effort if you know the route well or during high traffic periods, we just time or transits through El Paso and stay with I-10, but I am quite used to driving on high traffic volume interstate highways so if you are not, then the alternate route may be of more value. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 11/4/2019 at 7:34 AM, ms60ocb said:

It has been over a year since I have been in El Paso but my rule, in big cities, is avoid peak rush hours. Then find a 18 wheeler and follow the traillights. Keep back 100 yards or insight so if the truck changes lanes you can maneuver. In Illinois you do that to dodge pot holes.

Do know your route just in case the truck is not part the through traffic or take the alternate described above.

Clay

NO do not "follow" a big rig.

as for driver's it is common for driver to hate tail gaiters, even if they are 1/4 mile behind us. and hijacking does happen, so some trucking company's do call out the state police if you "follow" a rig.

know your route, before you get there, that way you know how and where to go.

decades back a friend followed a rig, at night in the valley fog. was surprised when the truck lights went out, he did not know where he was. and was 40 miles off the hwy up a lowly canyon at the driver home.

so "that truck" is not going where you are going.

I would never blindly follow any vehicle without knowing where I'm going, but I have followed OTR trucks many times for many miles when we were both traveling at the same speed on the same route. I really don't think driving or towing an RV would be my first choice if I were inclined to hijack a truck... ;)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system