New Vinyl Floor

SWharton

We are at the looking phase for new flooring for the RV. Planning on the vinyl planks. We have looked at the Nucor with the cork glued to the back of the planking. Have not looked at any others yet. This will be a early spring project. Any comments or input, vinyl to stay away from etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks

My new camper (Cirrus) has a marine grade cushioned floor covering. It is not “traditional rv trying to look stix and brix” .

Edit: it is a sheet material can’t see it working easily for a renovation.

Edited by noteven

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

We did ours last summer and we used EZ Click vinyl plank flooring that we found at Menards. It's not paded and it lays directly over the subfloor. One thing you have to think about is the thickness because you don't want the slides to come in contact with it when they are in.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

We just redid our floor with glue-down vinyl plank from Shaw.  The style we chose has a 10 year commercial warranty.  Our installer suggested that we use an extra couple of pieces as "cushions" to prevent damage from the slide rollers.  Ours is very thin we should be able to do this.  I understand that Newmar often delivers coaches with similar protective pieces being provided.

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

We are using 3 strips of carpet left over from the slides for in front of each roller. When not in use for a short period of time we store them in the trailer but when setup for a long period they go into the basement.

Denny 

Edited by D&J

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

You might want to pay attention to the weight of the materials.  It is easy to add significant weight with new flooring.  I never thought I would do this but after years of use, I covered my existing RV flooring with carpet.  It really adds to the warmth in the winter and in milder weather I like to get out of the hiking boots and walk around barefooted or in socks.

I used indoor/outdoor carpeting from Lowe's.  It was inexpensive and since my RV is small, I can pull out the carpeting and hose it down.  I thought I would need to replace it frequently but it has done well for several years and months of use.