ARGO

RV Sales scammers

I've been noticing a glut of RV's on Craig's list up here, all are "too good to be true" and have minimal info. Or, the ad starts with a description no RV'er would use, like "lovely slide out with flower boxes" .  Anybody else seeing this stuff on Craigs, or is it only here?  

Noticed the same thing.....But you have to check them out because sometimes they are true!

I've been wanting to buy a Rooftop Tent for my truck for some time. Here in New England they are very rare and not ever offer for sale used.

Last week I was ready to order a Smittybilt RTT from a vendor. Total with shipping and tax was $1100

At 4am on Monday morning I opened Craigslist like I do every morning when I'm looking for something. Punched in Rooftop Tent and an add came up for the exact tent I was looking for, used one weekend, and mounted to a Lowes $500 trailer.......Selling all for $800!

I thought it was a scam. I sent an email through Craigslist and got an almost immediate reply. Drove the one hour each way and bought it. Trailer and tent are practically brand new!

Sometimes it is too good to believe......But it is!

Attach6988_20191028_170346.jpg

Edited by rbertalotto

Craigslist is pretty good at keeping the scams to a minimum, but some do get through. Most of the ones I've seen on the local site will only have 1 photo,  with a Gmail address blazed across it. 

1 hour ago, markandkim said:

You want a scam, visit camping world.

What you are saying is that the sales people mostly deal with people who dont do their due diligence.

Also, be careful on CL of the posted pic "OF A PIC" of an RV or something else for sale.  And esp when they want to have you email to a specific email address which is sometimes written on the posted pic.  Generally scams!