Is anyone following this missing persons report?

Kirk W

Awareness is necessary but as a friend who is a retired swat sgt. told me.  When a thug is going to do something they nearly always have the element of surprise.  They usually are thinking things over beforehand where as the victim finds themselves in a situation that they must think fast.  He said it is beneficial to think about what one might do in some situations.  That way you can be prepared. 

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Big5er said:

You may be over thinking this situation. Many people are murdered for simple reasons, car jacking, theft of small amounts of money, etc.  The fact that their RV and truck were seen being taken across the Mexican border may be more than enough of a motive. 

You're right, maybe I was overthinking the situation and missed the part of RV taken away. I've to read the police statement again.

4 hours ago, frankgibbons said:

maybe I was overthinking the situation

The other thing that I'd point out is that there is probably nowhere that any of us spend time that an occasional murder or other crime has not taken place. Statistically RV life is one of the lowest lifestyles in crimes committed. In this era of instant news access from everywhere it seems like there are far more murders than 20 years ago because we hear about nearly all of them, but in reality the amount of crime for the number of people involved remains very low. Staying safety aware is wise, but living in constant fear will gain you nothing. When RVing your biggest danger is driving our highways and when staying in the RV the most common danger is fire. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

21 hours ago, ms60ocb said:

Was on the Sunday night ABC National news last night. Maybe a minutes worth of coverage.

It was on the Dallas news yesterday also. Nothing really new and mostly the sheriff's news conference. 

Yes there are murders everywhere, unfortunately even in the smallest towns and also in our crowded national parks with law enforcement rangers patrolling.  We volunteered in Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Park and you wouldn't believe what happens there.  There were constant BOLOs transmitted on the radios.

https://www.aetv.com/real-crime/cold-case-murders-in-national-parks

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

73515757_535524783912998_455035877740825

Kleberg County Sheriff's office has released the names of the two suspects in the Butler's homicide investigation. Thirty-Three year-old Adam Curtis Williams is wanted in a felony theft warrant (theft of the Butler's vehicles) Thirty-Two year-old Amanda Noviera is wanted as a person of interest in the case. The Kleberg Co. Sheriff's office is working with Mexican authorities to locate the couple. 

The latest report is that the authorities are looking for some guy from Utah, just out of prison. They identified his photo driving the RV over the Mexican Border. He is distinctly gringoish in appearance which blows the Mexican gang theory out of the water. Still a very disturbing. If he belongs to any gang I suspect it might be the Aryan Brotherhood: Police notice

5 minutes ago, agesilaus said:

The latest report is that the authorities are looking for some guy from Utah, just out of prison. They identified his photo driving the RV over the Mexican Border. He is distinctly gringoish in appearance which blows the Mexican gang theory out of the water. Still a very disturbing. If he belongs to any gang I suspect it might be the Aryan Brotherhood: Police notice

Read Scott's post just before yours. He's been captured...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Wow! That was fast. The authorities of both countries did a great job!  The investigation began on Oct 27 and 11 days later they captured him.  This is a sickening story.

Full-timed for 16 Years

Corpus Christi Caller-Times

A Utah man wanted in connection with the missing New Hampshire couple found buried at a Texas beach is back on U.S. soil after being apprehended in Mexico.

Adam Curtis Williams, 33, was booked into the Kleberg County jail in South Texas about 10 p.m. Wednesday on suspicion of felony theft of service and assault on a peace officer. His bond was set at $1 million, according to online records.

Sheriff's officials are planning a Thursday news conference. Amanda Noverr has been named a person of interest in the case. It wasn't clear if she too had been found in Mexico. Authorities haven't released details on how the pair may have known James and Michelle Butler.

Wednesday, Williams was found in Jalisco, Mexico, according to Mexican news reports and relatives of the Butlers. Court records show Williams already was facing several unrelated charges out of Utah. He was supposed to be in a Utah courthouse in October but failed to appear. Utah criminal records show Williams was ordered to appear in a Utah courthouse on Oct. 1. A warrant was issued for his arrest on Oct. 8, records show. 

He has nine pending charges against him in Utah. Williams is accused of object rape, a first-degree felony, forcible sodomy, a first-degree felony, and forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony. Court records show the offenses happened on April 18, 2019. Williams is also accused of two counts of aggravated assault, assault by prisoner, interference with arresting officer, intoxication and unlawful purchase by interdicted person. Court records show the offenses happened on Aug. 4, 2019.

Thanks for posting that Kirk, most news stories just repeat what Texas has said. Quite a criminal history; aside from the Utah charges, a little more digging reveals that he had done time in federal prison for drug and firearm crimes, and (if I read correctly) is still on probation.

https://globintel.com/us/adam-curtis-williams-bio-wiki-age-wanted/

So he has two states and the feds after him. Whether he was the murderer or not, he likely won't be free soon.

27 minutes ago, bobk3d said:

https://globintel.com/us/adam-curtis-williams-bio-wiki-age-wanted/

So he has two states and the feds after him. Whether he was the murderer or not, he likely won't be free soon.

Egads.... he appears to be a large strong man - overpowering.

Full-timed for 16 Years

12 hours ago, agesilaus said:

Think about it.

Quoting Chirkawa from the HD forum thread..............

Everything people are saying about being aware of your surroundings and situational awareness and such is true.  I agree.  However, understand that most crimes of this sort don't happen with someone lurking or sneaking up on a campsite or crawling through the weeds.

Most likely this criminal/s engaged the rv couple in some normal manner.  Maybe they were just a couple walking along the beach, or they met at a restaurant and decided to get together on the beach.  Maybe they enlisted their help with a stalled vehicle.  There are hundreds of scenarios and we really won't know what took place.  Chances are that this rv couple let their guard down, felt comfortable around these strangers. 

My point is that just because they were located at a secluded area doesn't mean they were vulnerable.  And, just because someone carries a firearm in their waistband doesn't make them safe.  There are dozens of stories of serial killers befriending their victims, luring them into their homes, gaining their confidence.

I don't think there is any way to be totally prepared to protect yourself against a ruthless predator.............and still live an enjoyable and relaxed life.  All we can do is use common sense and trust our instincts.  If something doesn't quite seem right, it probably isn't.

There are multiple links to this story including video of the killer being taken to jail.

In this weeks RVTravel magazine. I think the idea of someone inviting this critter into their camp site is out the window after getting a look at him. Tattooed hair for example and giant holes in his ears. More likely people would start getting their 1911 out after one glimpse.

Edited by agesilaus

38 minutes ago, agesilaus said:

I think the idea of someone inviting this critter into their camp site is out the window after getting a look at him. Tattooed hair for example and giant holes in his ears. More likely people would start getting their 1911 out after one glimpse.

I don't know about that.  The victims were fairly young, in their 40's.  Younger folks are not put off by ink and stink like us older grumps.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

14 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

I don't know about that.  The victims were fairly young, in their 40's.  Younger folks are not put off by ink and stink like us older grumps.

Even the current Escapees president has “sleeves.”