Is anyone following this missing persons report?

Kirk W

I have been watching this on the Escapee facebook pages and thought that I'd share it with everyone here. I have not been able to find anything new in the past day or so.

https://www.facebook.com/108940123868966/photos/a.108973060532339/110136517082660/?type=3&eid=ARCf0S_gsiHOptJYQTIYgP3tDoRYTkVqyZE9kB5YA_D_AXf_WXb2M7VvhAWClTIDb5vyIoqfDrCvYzDI&__tn__=EHH-R

75412190_109730480456597_315655988604567

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirk, If I read the picture correctly James is a veteran. Sure hope they are unharmed. You might consider posting this on irv2.com and FMCA forums, both  websites have a large TX  presence.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

There was an update on Facebook that said the truck and trailer was seen being driven across the Mexico border and the man driving was not James. No other information was available. No hits on their passports.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A gruesome discovery was made in an area known as the "Bowl" just south of Bob Hall Pier Sunday night, according to Kleberg County Chief Deputy Jaime Garza.

Garza told 3News that investigators found, what they presume to be, the body of a woman Sunday night.

At around 2 p.m. Monday, authorities confirmed that a second body, a male, had been found during their search of the area.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Not looking good...The locals are quoted talking about how isolated the area is. That's kind of what boondockers look for. Unfortunately in this day and age you need to be a lot more aware of your surroundings, all the time, even when you think you're alone.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

My bad, wrong information. Thanks for catching it Dutch.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

15 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

Someone posted an update on irv2.com, it says they have been found, they were camping. I cannot open the hot link, hopefully someone else can.

Wrong couple and that thread is from 2012...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

So, reporting is that they set up camp in an isolated location on Padre Island, south of Corpus.  They were murdered and buried.  Surveillance footage shows the pickup and camper crossing into Mexico on October 21.  I found this information here.

In light of the ongoing nature of this horrible event it is likely best to just deal with the facts.  However, at some point, I think there is a place for discussion about personal safety when camping in isolated places.

Edited by GR "Scott" Cundiff

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

3 hours ago, GR "Scott" Cundiff said:

So, reporting is that they set up camp in an isolated location on Padre Island, south of Corpus. . .

What I've read is that they were at Padre Balli Park (which has a designated camping area).  It is near a waterpark, Mustang Island State Park and at the Causeway Hwy at Corpus Christi.  To me, that's not isolated.

It's certainly terrible but I wouldn't definitely say it happened because of where they were staying.  Murders happen everywhere - in the smallest towns and the biggest cities.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

With the area they were in I'm not surprised all that much. We spent part of last winter in that area and we will never go back.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

2 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

What I've read is that they were at Padre Balli Park (which has a designated camping area).  It is near a waterpark, Mustang Island State Park and at the Causeway Hwy at Corpus Christi.  To me, that's not isolated.

It's certainly terrible but I wouldn't definitely say it happened because of where they were staying.  Murders happen everywhere - in the smallest towns and the biggest cities.

You may more know than I do (which is just what I've read).  I saw that the Kleberg Co. Sheriff's Office (Kingsville) was investigating and guessed that they were farther south than that, but I see now that the county line is just south Padre Balli Park.

While many locations seem to invite more trouble than others I have not found isolated places problematic.   In fact I tend to feel more secure in isolated places than many cities.  Boon docking in dispersed areas on Forest Service or BLM ground is our preference.   We also own property that is mostly isolated and enjoy being there.  In fact on our property we are much more likely to see deer, elk and more than other people.  We think it is quiet and peaceful.  We do keep in mind that help is probably at least an hour away and take precautions and we are prepared.  We are planning on building a house there as we prefer living in these types of places and have not had many problems.

Edited by Randyretired

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

13 hours ago, frankgibbons said:

Very sad ending for a couple. The murder seems suspicious. What might be reason that couple was killed this is not clear till now?

You may be over thinking this situation. Many people are murdered for simple reasons, car jacking, theft of small amounts of money, etc.  The fact that their RV and truck were seen being taken across the Mexican border may be more than enough of a motive. 

2014 smart Fortwo

Howdy!

Most on this post seem to think this was do to boondocking in at isolated unsecured location. You need to be aware of your surroundings at all times these days. The last incident I recall this happening to RVers was a few years ago and as I recall they were taken from a rest stop and murdered elsewhere. Situational awareness is imperative for everyone’s personal safety.

”Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

5 hours ago, cactus said:

Very sad

But having talked with both chiefneon and Big 5er  ,both with past leo careers I trust there instincts

cactus, I looked up the area on the and I think 2gypsies was right. It wasn't "that" far from a lot of things...even a large subdivision.

Like chiefneon said..awareness. This coulda happened anywhere. 

2014 smart Fortwo

14 minutes ago, Big5er said:

cactus, I looked up the area on the and I think 2gypsies was right. It wasn't "that" far from a lot of things...even a large subdivision.

Like chiefneon said..awareness. This coulda happened anywhere. 

I think that is right - it looks as if they moved down the beach just a couple of miles from a populated, active area.