Yahoo Groups start their exit 12-14-2019 :(

Velos

I just visited one of my Yahoo Group’s home page and found this announcement: Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Sending/Receiving email functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any email client with your group members. 
The announcement refers users to this link    https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true  ***

I really enjoyed Yahoo Groups for my various group discussions and am sorry to see it go.  I am not a fan of Facebook because anyone can add anyone to the group.  With the Yahoo groups there was an owner and a moderator (s) that screened new subscribers to make sure they were looking for the right group and also kept the discussions on topic with the group description/mission statement. 

Does anyone have some suggestions for a replacement to continue the Yahoo Group type of communications?

Thank you.

***Here is a summary of the links contents:
Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups
Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 28 you won't be able to upload any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed. You'll have until that date to save anything you've uploaded.

What features will go away?
What will happen to the site?
What will happen on October 28?
How can I keep my Yahoo Groups content?
Will I be able to use Yahoo Groups going forward?

In a nutshell I understand that we will still be able to email the group but no photos or files etc. will be uploaded.  If there are any files, photos or other content on the site that you would like to save from the group please download it to your computer before December 14th, 2019.

1 hour ago, Velos said:

I am not a fan of Facebook because anyone can add anyone to the group.  With the Yahoo groups there was an owner and a moderator (s) that screened new subscribers to make sure they were looking for the right group and also kept the discussions on topic with the group description/mission statement. 

You might want to confirm your information. I am a member of several facebook groups where I can "invite" new members but they still require admin or moderator approval. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Velos there is a sort of solution posted on the  internet, can't remember where I saw the explanation though.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

17 hours ago, Kirk W said:

That is interesting. Unless it has changed, at least a few of the Escapee BOF groups use Yahoo to communicate. 

Yes the groups are changing effective December 14th, 2019, emails will still be available but uploading photos and files will no longer be an option according to the each Yahoo Group home page : Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Sending/Receiving email functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any email client with your group members. 

18 hours ago, Big5er said:

You might want to confirm your information. I am a member of several facebook groups where I can "invite" new members but they still require admin or moderator approval. 

Thank you, Facebook is always changing I will look into that.  My goal is to find an electronic space to communicate and store photos and files for a finite group.

19 hours ago, Velos said:

Thank you, Facebook is always changing I will look into that.  My goal is to find an electronic space to communicate and store photos and files for a finite group.

RVillage does not allow for file storage in their groups.  That is a bummer for certain.  I will be interested in hearing what you find besides Facebook.  I am not a Facebook fan yet I know it seems the world evolves around it.

Richard "Doc" Strait, USN Retired

2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

Point of Contact for the Military, Veterans, and Gold Star Families BOF