Anyone have any good bologna recipes?

noteven

Went to my favorite meat market/butcher this morning.  We started talking about ham salad, and how some shops make it.  Two of the guys behind the counter said where they'd previously worked, they save the ends of lunch meat and cheese all week, then ground it up, added dressing, relish, and sweetener/coloring, and sold it as "ham salad".  My ham salad has ham, real mayo, and relish, period. No bologna.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

32 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

My ham salad has ham, real mayo, and relish, period. No bologna.

I guess it depends on where you grew up. My mother's "ham" salad had bologna, Miracle Whip and relish. I make it with ham now but still prefer Miracle Whip to mayonnaise. Mayo just tastes wrong.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

My favorite.

Fried Bologna Sandwich

Ingredients

• 2 slices white sourdough bread
  • 6 slices Oscar Meyer bologna
  • 3 slices American cheese
  • 1 egg, fried over medium

Directions

“Notch” each slice of bologna to prevent curling. Cook over medium temperature until golden brown.

Starting with a slice of bread, layer bologna and American cheese, topping off with your egg and the second slice of bread. Finish in pan with as you wish to use amount of butter until golden brown. Flip as needed. Serve with piping hot with an ice-cold glass of pickle juice. 🥘

My mouth is watering, and I can't wait to have a bite. 😋