Anyone have any good bologna recipes?

noteven

Smother a log in Canadian HP sauce, wrap in foil, mount on rotisserie spit. Grill to taste, usually close to 3 hours, on low-medium heat. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Hmmmm, depends on the quality.  The good stuff has real chunks of meat, not all homogenized w/ cereal to hold it together.  Slice it 1/2" (12.7mm) thick and toss it on a griddle.  When browned on both sides, put it on a toasted bun w/ a little mustard and a slice of sweet onion.  This place is famous for it:  http://gandrtavern.com/

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Fry the bologna and don't flatten it out, let it form a cup shape. Take a scoop of mashed potatoes and cover it with the fried bologna cup. Melt your favorite cheese over the whole thing.

I remember this in the elementary school lunch room, and it was so much better at home with better ingredients.

1 hour ago, jnslprd said:

Fry the bologna and don't flatten it out, let it form a cup shape. Take a scoop of mashed potatoes and cover it with the fried bologna cup. Melt your favorite cheese over the whole thing.

I remember this in the elementary school lunch room, and it was so much better at home with better ingredients.

You can also set that bologna cup into an ovenproof bowl, crack an egg into it, and cook that in an oven or microwave.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

My DW makes a GREAT sandwich spread similar to my mother. You start with the Baloney and built taste from there

Buy a chunk of Beef Baloney at the deli and a jar of Dill Pickles

Grind it up the Baloney and then Grind the Pickles to taste (maybe up to one cup per pound Baloney. (My DW uses her mother's 1920 style hand grinder to give the mothers taste. That is my story and I'm sticking to it )

Add Miracle Whip to bind ingredients

Enjoy on Bread or Crackers

Clay,  Second top choice for a good Baloney sandwich is fry or grill until blackened a bit, just like you would do SPAM

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

29 minutes ago, Sehc said:

There is also Seltzer's Lebanon Bologna. It doesn't have a first name.

Not only does it have a first name, but it has a middle name, too.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

2 hours ago, noteven said:

Ok ... everyone stop. 

I’m being arrested under suspicion of posting in the wrong Topic (again)...🤣.

Can a moderator move this to the receipts?

"Receipts?" Have you been required to pay for something?

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

2 hours ago, Pappy Yokum said:

Can  KETCHUP  be substituted for  CATSUP ??

😁

Depends on which brand you prefer. I grew up with catsup but have finally learned to accept ketchup as a reasonable substitute. Still not the real thing but...

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

5 hours ago, WeBeFulltimers said:

Yes it does. It's Al K. Seltzer.

Wonder if that means it already has seltzer in it to settle the stomach after eating?

Man, can't believe I fell for this.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961