Sign in to follow this  
SuiteSuccess

Sad News In Crossville, TN

For those that have been to the ECR in Crossville, sad news.  The treehouse ( largest in the world) has burned to the ground.  Occurred last night at 11:30 pm.  No mention of cause, but suspicious.

That is so sad. It was a great piece of building (all scrap as I recall) and we had a great time at the tree house and Cec Burton even climbed to the top with me. And she is scared of heights. Wine tasting first may have helped. Sure glad we went when we did.

Brad

We stayed in Crossville overnight in September on our way back to TX but we didn't know about this place.  I guess we missed our only chance to see it!

YouTube has numerous videos - most(?) after it was "abandoned" in 2012 due to the Fire Marshal closing it down to visitors (and maybe the owner also).  Although interesting - it was an accident waiting to happen to/for  those who entered- - obviously - at "their own risk"!!

Good still photos -

http://unusualplaces.org/the-ministers-tree-house-the-largest-tree-house-in-the-world/

~

Edited by Pappy Yokum