Big Bend this fall/winter?

karent

11 hours ago, tomhenry631 said:

Weather-wise the best time to visit Big Bend is from late September to mid-May. Peak times are from November through April, and if you are traveling during this time you'll want to reserve accommodations well in advance. No matter what time of year you travel  be prepared for changing weather.

yes, I know how beautiful BB is, which is why I want to go; but I'd like to travel with another RV if possible...

5 hours ago, karent said:

yes, I know how beautiful BB is, which is why I want to go; but I'd like to travel with another RV if possible...

It's a very easy drive from Houston.  Take I-10 and get off in Fort Stockton Hwy 395 and it will take you directly to the Visitor Center.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

On 10/24/2019 at 11:25 AM, karent said:

If you travel by yourself in your RV to other places, Big Bend isn't that much different and probably safer than traveling through cities. 

For an easy and comfortable drive: go from Houston to San Antonio, stay a few days. On to Del Rio for a couple of days.  From Del Rio an easy drive to Sanderson and stay at http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/texas/sanderson/canyons-rv-park-8188. Be sure to stop a the TX Hwy visitor center in Langtry.  Not much in Sanderson but a good place to spend the night to break up the drive.  Or go on to Marathon to the RV Park there.  Then on down into the park for a couple of weeks.  Great dry camping inside the park at Rio Grande Village and at Cottonwood CG's. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/