Wife fearing TV withdrawal

I don't have anything to compare it with, but I did link my notebook to the visible today and watched some youtube videos w/o a problem. And we only have two bars here. So I'm happy, I'm just trying to get my apps installed. That is one reason I wanted the Moto G7, my old moto was Android 5 and is was running out of RAM, I had to delete something when I want to install something. The visible offer was just topping on the cake tho I would not have bought a $250 phone w/o the rebate. You'll actually make money since, if I read their offer right, will still get the $100 rebate card.

My Visible R2 came this afternoon, and I've got it set up and linked to a Pepwave Surf Mini On The Go router/repeater right now for multiple connections. The validation process was a little quirky, but I eventually got it without needing Visible's tech support. It's working fine so far, with speeds that are just a little slower than my 6620L hotspot. The speeds with my PC directly connected to the R2 are the about the same as the 6620L connection.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 1 month later...

Another option, if you have a house with Internet, mount an antenna on that house, and connect it to either an Amazon Fire TV Recast, and an AirTV tuner. We have both actually.  Then you can connect to these via Internet and watch your local TV remotely. There are even some recording options.

If you use a speed test like "speedofme.com" you'll observe that the speed of any cellular connection can vary rather dramatically even during the course of a speed test.  Furthermore, both my OTR Mobile and my Verizon unlimited prepaid Jetpack SIM are subject to momentary "outages" lasting a couple of seconds. These often evidence themselves by brief rebuffering events on my YouTube TV.

However, I'm now using my WiFiRanger in Load Balance mode to "join" my two connections.  The Ranger does not do true connection bonding (which is more complex and usually more expensive) but it does select which connection it wants to use for every webpage element or streaming segment.  The result is that I'm now pretty much immune to the variabilities of my two connections.

I've attached a screenshot which shows the real time data usage through my Ranger for a period of a couple of minutes.  Usage through my Jetpack is shown in orange with the blue representing the OTR Mobile AT&T hotspot.  You can see how the load shifts from one connection to the other.

This isn't a commercial post and there are other routers that have load balancing capability.   It's intended simply to demonstrate a relatively simple way to improve your streaming connection.

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I spend three months a year in the Southwest. Boondocking 90% of the time. The rest of the year I’m at various gun clubs competing in cowboy action shooting. Rarely ever ne’er a big city.

i have NEVER been without streaming TV services. Never!

i wrote

http://rvbprecision.com/rv-projects/tv-in-a-rv-a-how-to.html

A couple good unlimited internet plans, a WeBoost cellular amplifier and sometimes a 16’ mast with a high gain antenna.......an app on your phone to show where cell towers are located.

its a little bit of work.....but a happy wife is a happy life

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com