Cleaning inside windshield

Bruce H

Just thought I’d share with you  my idea for cleaning that large windshield without having to climb all over the dash to get to those hard to reach places on the inside. Swiffer  mope head with 2 layers on paper towels inserted into the grab holes. Use whatever cleaner you want. I use windex. Saves a lot of time and paper towels and does an excellent job.

9D8840D4-1ADC-4B41-84C4-2F16B67E8797.jpeg

Great tip! Those Swiffer mop handles come in handy for all kinds of projects. I like to put a microfiber cloth on mine to dust hard to reach places. That combo also works to clean up wet spots that would otherwise be hard to reach like a damp wall under a window behind a couch. Then put a little bleach water on a clean cloth to wipe that wall to prevent mold. Once you start looking you'll find all kinds of uses for that mop handle. One of the better tools in my arsenal.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 1 year later...

In the 16 yrs we've owned the rig I have never worried about cleaning the top of the windows on the inside.  The very top is behind the front cabinets - if you are that concerned about my windows, you are free to twist yourself and crane your neck to see.   For all I know,  the dust, etc.,  up there is what is holding the windows in place!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

33 minutes ago, Big Rick said:

I saw a video today saying to use a microfiber and wipe, then a Magic Eraser, followed by glass cleaner. May give it a try.

I've used Magic Erasers often to deep clean glass when detailing. The Eraser has a mild abrasive which cuts through the build-up on the glass. Use with a glass cleaner for lubricant, then follow up with glass cleaner and microfiber. You can also use 0000 steel wool, but I like the Magic Eraser when it's not bad enough for the steel wool. The glass looks like new when completed, unless it's pitted and damaged. Jay

On 2/13/2021 at 2:31 PM, Barbaraok said:

In the 16 yrs we've owned the rig I have never worried about cleaning the top of the windows on the inside.  The very top is behind the front cabinets - if you are that concerned about my windows, you are free to twist yourself and crane your neck to see.   For all I know,  the dust, etc.,  up there is what is holding the windows in place!

If you live in Arizona long enough then there might be scorpions up there too.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich