Bought a new pistol at Camping World today.

chiefneon

28 minutes ago, Friz said:

... "the right of the people to keep and arms shall not be infringed". 

Every state infringes on the right to keep and bear arms, otherwise citizens would be allowed to own anything that would be considered "arms", up to and including nuclear arms.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

Nothing to do with chief’s post but in Canada I need a background check once/10yrs and can buy 1 or 1000 >18.5” barrel length firearms in any part of the country wherever firearms are sold. Including .50 cal. ...

Short barrel firearms have been restricted to permit holders (new permit each time you aquire a short gun) for decades.

Our grandstanding federal politicians think black putt putt rifles (you know, “assault rifles”) owned by law abiding citizens are more dangerous (black) than smuggled gang handguns or say a semi auto .30-06 with a hunting stock or a .45/70 lever ... ok then... 

I asked a contestant for the public trough why not ban automobiles 1st - just about every crime involves one. At least get after the owner for letting it get stolen...

whoops ow! fell off my soap box...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

3 hours ago, Friz said:

and he never said there was a background check. He did not use the words background check or CCW permit. That is what caught my eye. In Florida there is a 3 day waiting period without a CCW permit while they do a background check. Actually the 3 day wait is a knee jerk legislative reaction to the Parkland High School murders. 

All I can say is...WOW!! 

In Fla, the 3-day wait is NOT "a knee jerk legislative reaction to the Parkland High School murders."  It has been a Fla constitutional requirement since AT LEAST 1992.   

• Kirk W locked this topic