Bought a new pistol at Camping World today.

chiefneon

Howdy!

I went to Camping World today to pickup a propane door latch for my 5er. When I was checking out I asked the check where the Rv’s Where they use to have inside. He told all the RVs are outside. He then told me one side is CW and now the other side is Gander. So I wandered over to the Gander side and they had quite a large display of firearms. The new Sig P365XL caught my eye and seeing that it was on sale I walked out with a new pistol also.

”Happy Trails”

Chifneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Gotta love a full service campers store. :) I've heard good things about the 365XL. Let me know what you think about it after you get a chance to shoot it.  

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

15 hours ago, chiefneon said:

Howdy!

I went to Camping World today to pickup a propane door latch for my 5er. When I was checking out I asked the check where the Rv’s Where they use to have inside. He told all the RVs are outside. He then told me one side is CW and now the other side is Gander. So I wandered over to the Gander side and they had quite a large display of firearms. The new Sig P365XL caught my eye and seeing that it was on sale I walked out with a new pistol also.

”Happy Trails”

Chifneon

Per chanced, what State is that which has no waiting period/ background check for handguns at a licensed dealer?

Takes about 30 minutes for mine to go through every time.  I live in ND, when I go to MN to buy one at Cabela's they sell me one then won't let me walk out with it (last time was 6 months ago).  They say, by federal law, because I'm not a resident of that state, they have to send it to a licensed FFL in ND where they will have to run the back ground check again before releasing it to me, for a fee.  That is MN to ND, don't know how other states are.  They also say having a concealed carry permit, they still have to do it that way.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

X2 with NDBirdman for time to approve and his experience regarding interstate FFL transfer procedure.   

I live in IN and buying long guns in MI is no issue, but handguns worked the same way as with NDBirdman with me buying 15 miles away in MI.  It was $35 cheaper in MI but I would have had to pay the IN dealer $25 for the transfer.  I decided that was a PITA and went ahead and bought it in IN.  Despite MI and IN having reciprocity regarding CCW, it does not extend to purchasing a handgun in another state.

Regarding background check time, I just purchased a Ruger Precision in Plymouth, IN and it took almost 35 minutes to get the approval.  The previous purchase at a different dealer a few months earlier only took a couple of minutes.  They told me that it depends on the amount of traffic the federal site is experiencing.  

Mike & Joan
2006 Volvo 780
2008 KZ Escalade Sportster 41CKS
2001 Honda XR650R
2018 Kymco Spade 150

5 hours ago, Friz said:

Per chanced, what State is that which has no waiting period/ background check for handguns at a licensed dealer?

The OP never said there was no background check done. 

In FL, if you have a CCW permit, there is no waiting period as long as the NICS comes back good.  

2 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

They say, by federal law, because I'm not a resident of that state, they have to send it to a licensed FFL in ND where they will have to run the back ground check again before releasing it to me, for a fee.  That is MN to ND, don't know how other states are.  They also say having a concealed carry permit, they still have to do it that way.

Handguns, yes.  

7 hours ago, Friz said:

Howdy!

Purchase this one in New Braunfels, TX. Everyone has to go through background check. By the time you finish watching the required video and filling out the required ATF paperwork which is now done on a tablet the background check has been completed.

”Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

You might also have your background check come back to the selling FFL as delayed, in which case a three day hold is placed on the sale. If there is no reply/denial then you can pick up the gun after three days.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/delayed-firearm-transaction

I worked the last three gun shows here in Bossier City with my friend Bob who is an FFL. He did paperwork on all transactions and did get one background check delayed at the show we worked just last weekend. He told the guy to pick it up in three business days to be sure. It does not mean you have serious problems with your background, just that everything was not immediately available.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

13 hours ago, Friz said:

Your own state of Florida is just as quick as Texas. I saw nothing in the OP's post that would give any indication that the laws was not followed or that a background check was not completed. Why don't you quit trying to stir the pot? 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

On 10/11/2019 at 6:21 AM, Friz said:

States with freedom.

I mean, sure, the background check itself and the registration it implies aren't very "free," but at least some states don't have a useless waiting period.

Our Domicile is Ohio and we have purchased our firearm's  here. Background checks or other purchase procedures do not bother me.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Unless your background check comes back delayed, then it's three days. That's federal not state. Of course that doesn't apply to private sales.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

8 hours ago, RV_ said:

Unless your background check comes back delayed, then it's three days. That's federal not state. Of course that doesn't apply to private sales.

Not true. A waiting period is State law not Federal law.  I have purchased many long guns and hand guns without any waiting period in several states where I have lived (AZ, SD, NE, ID)  from gun stores, not private sales. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

1 hour ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

What people may not be mentioning, is that if you have a concealed carry permit, you ca generally walk in, pirchase what you want and walk out.  That is the advantage of the CCP.

Some states still require a back ground check even with CCP.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

4 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

What people may not be mentioning, is that if you have a concealed carry permit, you ca generally walk in, pirchase what you want and walk out.  That is the advantage of the CCP.

That's right, here in Louisiana too.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 10/11/2019 at 8:21 AM, Friz said:

Howdy!

This post has really dang near gone viral about me simply legally purchasing a hand gun at Camping World/Gander. Just to set the record straight and set some people at ease, I’m a military veteran, retired Police Officer and buy the way a patriot. I don’t have a concealed carry permit but I do have Federal and State credentials to carry under LEOSA “Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act”. That requires me to qualify each and every year with my firearms to maintain those. Even so I still have to go through a background check when purchasing a firearm. So everyone fell safe I have not purchased any firearms illegally and I have passed the mandated Federal background check to do so.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon

Edited by chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:41 PM, Big5er said:

Gotta love a full service campers store. :) I've heard good things about the 365XL. Let me know what you think about it after you get a chance to shoot it.  

We have the 365.We purchased one a few months ago after seeing it  in action at our local shooting range. It is well suited for  CC. It has become my firearm of choice for CC.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:27 PM, remoandiris said:

The OP never said there was no background check done. 

In FL, if you have a CCW permit, there is no waiting period as long as the NICS comes back good.  

and he never said there was a background check. He did not use the words background check or CCW permit. That is what caught my eye. In Florida there is a 3 day waiting period without a CCW permit while they do a background check. Actually the 3 day wait is a knee jerk legislative reaction to the Parkland High School murders. 

21 hours ago, chiefneon said:

Howdy!

This post has really dang near gone viral about me simply legally purchasing a hand gun at Camping World/Gander. Just to set the record straight and set some people at ease, I’m a military veteran, retired Police Officer and buy the way a patriot. I don’t have a concealed carry permit but I do have Federal and State credentials to carry under LEOSA “Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act”. That requires me to qualify each and every year with my firearms to maintain those. Even so I still have to go through a background check when purchasing a firearm. So everyone fell safe I have not purchased any firearms illegally and I have passed the mandated Federal background check to do so.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon

No need to get your dander up. In your post you did not mention background check or CCW permit. You got my hopes up! I thought maybe there was a state or place which had not restricted  "the right of the people to keep and arms shall not be infringed".