Retirees! TRICARE open season begins Nov. 11,2019 for the 2020 year.

Ray,IN

This is for health, dental, and vision care.

https://www.tricare.mil/openseason19

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

So we have the dental under the Fed Employee Benefits plan that they started last year when they dropped DELTA   Does that just roll over if you don't request cancellation?  Or do you have reenroll?

Dennis

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

That's the way I read the TRICARE webpage. If you are satisfied with your current dental/vision plan, do nothing, it will automatically roll-over to 2020.

I still have the same old Delta Dental plan, but @ $20/month less than 2019, I'll just sit back and do nothing. I did do comparison shopping already.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Ughh! I just read that Express Scripts copays will increase again January 1st.

Generics $7.00 to 10.00,  non-generic $24.00 to 29.00,  non-formulary $53.00 to 60.00

And an increase could be possible each year through 2027 due to a law passed in 2018. 

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

2 hours ago, Rover said:

Ughh! I just read that Express Scripts copays will increase again January 1st.

Generics $7.00 to 10.00,  non-generic $24.00 to 29.00,  non-formulary $53.00 to 60.00

And an increase could be possible each year through 2027 due to a law passed in 2018. 

Vicki

I hear ya. I'm 45 miles from an Airforce base. It might be time for me to get some of my prescriptions there. But then again $7 to $10 for a 90 day prescription that shows up in my mail box isn't a bad deal.

My daughter who is 34, due to her disability she is covered, has a prescription approved for $53 every 3 months which is $1000 month if not covered. So no complaints there.

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

Rover, find a plan better than Express-Scripts and I'll join you in switching. I do understand your point though, when I was drafted the "free" retirement benefits were a huge inducement to re-enlisting. I retired in 1992, still with that same promise.

"My oath of enlistment has no expiration date"

Edited by Ray,IN

19 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Rover, find a plan better than Express-Scripts and I'll join you in switching. I do understand your point though, when I was drafted the "free" retirement benefits were a huge inducement to re-enlisting. I retired in 1992, still with that same promise.

"My oath of enlistment has no expiration date

Ray, I would agree with you on not finding a better plan. It just seems like it wasn’t that long ago when generics were $0. When you take 21 prescriptions and three of those are non-formulary that they only fill for 60 days at a time (but charge the same as 90 days) it adds up pretty fast on disability / retirement pay. Thank goodness Mark gets his at the VA. But we have it much better than many people and only hope the copay doesn’t keep going up each year too much.

Vicki

Edited by Rover
Typo

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

On 10/6/2019 at 3:52 PM, Ray,IN said:

Ray, if you can find that "promise" in enforceable writing anywhere you will be a hero! In the meantime, the Express Scripts is a great deal. There is this new thing from Amazon called Pill Pack and they claim they work with all insurance plans. Has anyone looked into whether or not TriCare works with it?

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Chalkie, TRICARE has a contract with Express-Scripts to supply medications for all eligible retirees, I doubt they would consent to using a different supplier.

Ray, some folks like Kirk only served one or two tours and can't use the base facilities unless they were separated with a medical retirement. Those folks don't have TFL or Tricare. I served 27 years and retired. I just have my civilian doc call them into the base, fill them at the base, no copay. We used Barksdale but my wife already uses Peterson which is a bit closer than the Academy for us in Constitution Hills. I'll be checking them out in a little over a week after I close the sale of this house and drive up to rejoin my wife in the Springs. Life's good!

However the VA docs were hard asses about what and how much they prescribe and they order them to be mailed almost without consent. My doc discusses all prescriptions as I refused about a third of the drugs he's tried to prescribe. He must have been getting kickbacks from the opioid folks as he kept trying to get me to take it.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 10/17/2019 at 9:28 PM, RV_ said:

He must have been getting kickbacks from the opioid folks as he kept trying to get me to take it.

I seriously think that any doctor that gives you a sample of any drug, opioid or no, is getting a kickback somehow. I have no proof of that at all, just my feeling. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Not samples Chalkie, he was always trying to write me prescriptions for Oxycontin. He fooled me once a decade ago when he prescribed Lortabs and I took one for a cramp pain from a small clot we treated fine with Heparin as it was tiny. It made me feel so drugged I looked it up, found it an opioid, and then poured them down the toilet. I have since become aware that is not ecologically sound, getting frogs hooked on it. Now we take them to the base pharmacy for proper disposal.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire