Escapees Roadside Assistance for HDT's

MoSKP9

My Good Sam Roadside Assistance program is coming up for renewal and I called the Escapees rep to find out if their program would cover my HDT.  They said that since I am towing a large TT that in the event of a breakdown they would have to send out 2 wreckers, therefore I would need to have 2 policies, one for the HDT and one for the TT at $99 each = $198. This compares with my current Platinum GS policy at $149, which covers my HDT, multiple RV's, both motorized and non-motorized ,all kinds of other trailers, and both of my other automobiles. At this point I can't see any benefit to changing to the Escapees program as much as I would like to support them. Do any of you with HDT's have experience with the Escapees program, and do you have 2 policies? I'm getting ready to purchase an additional new TT so I will have 2 TT's until I sell the one that I have now and this is a non issue with my GS policy, but I don't know about the Escapees, maybe they would want me to have 3 policies?

All comments pro and con will be appreciated. 

fnMLSAUl.jpg

Howdy!

I received the same information when Escapees ERS first started, that why I have stayed with Coach Net. We lost the turbo on our MDT last year in Alaska. CN sent out two tow trucks one for the MDT and one for the 44’ 5er. Only thing they asked was where we want to be towed to.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

I have been happy with my Coachnet for 10 years and will keep them. The last time I needed them they towed both the HDT and rig still hooked together for 12 miles. I have found over the years switching something that I know works to something I don't know just to save a few bucks is just stress I don't need in my retired life.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

On 10/5/2019 at 12:43 PM, Brad & Jacolyn said:

I have been happy with my Coachnet for 10 years and will keep them. The last time I needed them they towed both the HDT and rig still hooked together for 12 miles. I have found over the years switching something that I know works to something I don't know just to save a few bucks is just stress I don't need in my retired life.

Brad

X2...Coachnet has done well by me.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I am going to coachnet before I head out in January, I have AAA RV and good sam as well as Farmers roadside, when I lost the rear end in my International 4900 earlier this year in Las Vegas New Mexico I had to pay out of pocket to have the truck towed and they had to leave my trailer on the side of the road. after talking to coach net they will cover the tow and make sure the trailer is moved to a safe location.  It is more expensive than any of the other roadsides I have but it also will actually cover you, at least according to the sales rep.

14 minutes ago, MoSKP9 said:

Do you have to be a member of FMCA to purchase Coachnet? This sounds like the way to go for me. Thank you all for the replies. 

FMCA has no relationship with Coach-Net anymore. FMCA offers an ERS plan serviced by SafeRide, the same company Escapees uses for their plan.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

8 hours ago, MoSKP9 said:

Do you have to be a member of FMCA to purchase Coachnet? This sounds like the way to go for me. Thank you all for the replies. 

Howdy!

I went with Coach Net years ago when they offered a discount for being a member of Escapees. Of course CN no longer offers that discount but we are still us them for our ERS. You do not have to be a member to purchase CN.

”Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime