Dish chat to change locals

Every time this week when I tried the chat I was anywhere from 179 to 99 on the waiting list to chat so I had to call in. Anyone else having a problem. 

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

11 hours ago, D&J said:

Every time this week when I tried the chat I was anywhere from 179 to 99 on the waiting list to chat so I had to call in. Anyone else having a problem. 

Denny

It may have something to do with the time of day you chat.  The earlier in the afternoon I chat with them, the faster I get thru.  Getting stuck on chat happened to me once last week.  I stuck with it and was taken are of after a few minutes.  This happened around 5 or 6 pm central time.

Finally getting thru on chat probably took as long as it would take for a Facebook message exchange.

This week DISH is experience an extremely high volume of calls and chats because they are in a pissing match with the Fox system.  People are missing their football and baseball games.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Have Dish Outdoors for several years now (own our satellite and receiver). IMO (for what its worth) we still have to call them every time to activate our receiver and to get the local channels. There is always a very long wait, disconnects several times, talking to CSRs that speak very broken english, detest the automated answering system, more disconnects....very frustrating. If there were any other viable options (not Direct TV) Dish would be gone. It is so painful that we take that into consideration before moving our rig. They are the absolute worst!

I have learned that if you say "I want to pay my bill", you will actually get a real person to talk to...but they may not speak much english! They are more than ready to take your money at any time but are also very adept at addressing your requests extremely painful.

37 minutes ago, millertime said:

Have Dish Outdoors for several years now (own our satellite and receiver). IMO (for what its worth) we still have to call them every time to activate our receiver and to get the local channels. There is always a very long wait, disconnects several times, talking to CSRs that speak very broken english, detest the automated answering system, more disconnects....very frustrating. If there were any other viable options (not Direct TV) Dish would be gone. It is so painful that we take that into consideration before moving our rig. They are the absolute worst!

I have learned that if you say "I want to pay my bill", you will actually get a real person to talk to...but they may not speak much english! They are more than ready to take your money at any time but are also very adept at addressing your requests extremely painful.

It's strange how people have different experiences with the same activity.  In eleven years of full time rv'ing and DISH service, I've never had those kinds of issues.  I've changed my locals on a regular basis by using the chat feature, with a simple pre-designed script telling them my account number and that I want to change my service address.  It's usually done in a few minutes.

I don't remember ever having to call DISH.  I may have, but if so it's been several years and I can't remember what it was for.

I don't own a satellite, but I do own the receiver and dish and do have an outdoors account, but can't change the service address using the app.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

59 minutes ago, millertime said:

It is so painful that we take that into consideration before moving our rig. They are the absolute worst!

Wow, I'm with chirakawa. In my 10 years of living in my RV I have never had an issue except that on occasion they change both the billing address AND the service address, which really isn't an issue since I am on paperless billing. Now that they have the app (which works for me..sorry chirakawa) it is super simple. I have changed my locals 4 times in the last 3 weks...all in less than 5 minutes each.

If changing locals in your RV is so "painful" maybe you should consider a better OTA antenna so you do not have to experience such misery. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I've changed my locals 4 times in the last 6 days and because like I said the chat was to busy I had to call in and I've been surprised that it worked reallly good for once except for one guy who said I could use the app because I have a outdoor account and after telling him that I can't because of the way my account was setup years ago and of coarse he wanted to fix it and I had to tell him it's not fixable and leave it alone. 

In the past I was able to use the Satellite Guys site to view spot beam's and adjust were I got my locals from by using a address further down the road if they overlapped so I didn't have to change as often but that's not available anymore so is there anything else out there that will work.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

On 10/4/2019 at 9:42 AM, scouserl41 said:

I just us the app. Failing that call the Tech Assistance. It's simple and the Tech guys are really great.

BnB

We haven't called or chatted since Dish gave us the ability to change locals with the phone app. It's great - and MUCH faster!

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

2 hours ago, D&J said:

In the past I was able to use the Satellite Guys site to view spot beam's and adjust were I got my locals from by using a address further down the road if they overlapped so I didn't have to change as often but that's not available anymore so is there anything else out there that will work.

Denny 

Try this link: http://jameslong.name/

Click on the sat map of interest to drill down to the individual transponder spot beam coverages. They're not as graphical as the SatGuys maps, but they are kept current. The SatGuys maps are still available, but it's a bit convoluted to get to them in the archives.

Here's another link that's helpful in finding which sats carry what: http://uplink.jameslong.name/

On edit: Here's the post I made awhile ago on how to access the archived SatelliteGuys spot beam maps:

The spot beam maps are still there, but when you get the blank graphic, you need to right click on it and copy the address to your clipboard. Then paste the link into your browser's address bar, changing "thelist" to "retired" before hitting enter. Yes, it's awkward, but it will get you there.

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

3 hours ago, D&J said:

I've changed my locals 4 times in the last 6 days and because like I said the chat was to busy I had to call in and I've been surprised that it worked reallly good for once except for one guy who said I could use the app because I have a outdoor account and after telling him that I can't because of the way my account was setup years ago and of coarse he wanted to fix it and I had to tell him it's not fixable and leave it alone. 

Denny 

As I posted earlier, I use Facebook messenger to update my locals - usually reasonably fast. 

I got tired of them telling me I could use the ap to change my locals so I wrote up this cut and paste text:

• Since we travel in our RV all the time, I often have to change my service address.  I know that the Android App is supposed to allow me to do that myself, but apparently this feature is not available for accounts with Dish Outdoors and Dish Home Equipment. I'm looking forward to someday being included in the group of mobile customers who can update their own service address.

That usually ends the conversation because I know more about it than they do.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

Speaking of changing local channels, I had a funny experience with Dish last week.

I contacted them and gave them my new zip.  They told me my locals would come from Springfield, MO.  That sure didn't sound right - I was in central Illinois, near Campaign.  I told them that perhaps they had mixed up Springfield, IL and Springfield, MO but they insisted that they had it right.  In a few minutes my channels updated but the locals weren't there because I was 350 miles from Springfield, MO and out of that spotbeam. 

So I told them that their zip locator was wrong and that if they looked up all the adjacent zip codes they would see that they were all setting locals for Campaign.

That didn't' phase the Dish rep.  So I said, just change my zip to the next town's over zip.  They told me that they would do it but I wouldn't be able to receive the channels because I would be outside the spot beam.  I responded that that was exactly what I was telling them about the Springfield, MO locals!

All these exchanges took me through 3 different agents because the first two disconnected from me for, I guess, arguing with them.  Once I "forced" them to give me the right locals I was good to go.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

10 minutes ago, GR "Scott" Cundiff said:

As I posted earlier, I use Facebook messenger to update my locals - usually reasonably fast. 

I got tired of them telling me I could use the ap to change my locals so I wrote up this cut and paste text:

• Since we travel in our RV all the time, I often have to change my service address.  I know that the Android App is supposed to allow me to do that myself, but apparently this feature is not available for accounts with Dish Outdoors and Dish Home Equipment. I'm looking forward to someday being included in the group of mobile customers who can update their own service address.

That usually ends the conversation because I know more about it than they do.

Not everyone is one Facebook 

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

We do not do any of the social networking sites...by choice.

Maybe we are the "chosen one" to have issues with DISH. We are Dish outdoors customers so the app isnt much help. Husband thinks they are terrible to us because we dont use them at our S & Bs. Whatever the case, they are on our short list.

1 hour ago, millertime said:

Husband thinks they are terrible to us because we dont use them at our S & Bs. Whatever the case, they are on our short list.

We are set up exactly the same as you. The app has worked everywhere in the country perfectly. Customer service/tech support have always been outstanding.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

On 10/5/2019 at 6:51 PM, millertime said:

We do not do any of the social networking sites...by choice.

Maybe we are the "chosen one" to have issues with DISH. We are Dish outdoors customers so the app isnt much help. Husband thinks they are terrible to us because we dont use them at our S & Bs. Whatever the case, they are on our short list.

We have Dish installed in our RV and at our Adirondack cottage, but Dish only knows we're an Outdoor account since all our equipment is owned and self-installed. The app works fine for us for changing locals as often as needed. I've even worked out how to change them to our next location so we're all set when we get there.

Edited by Dutch_12078
typo

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system