Insurance

We placed ours at PPL consignment in Houston and all we had to do was to get a rider on our insurance at a cost of around $35. The whole consignment process was simple and so glad to sell it easily (with a month).

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

3 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

JFunk, this isn't regarding insurance but if you go the consignment route, be sure YOU hold the title. Don't give the title to them. If they don't want to do business that way don't walk away, drive away!

Why?  If they are a legitimate dealer, they're not going to steal your RV.  If they're not legitimate, why would you do business with them?  You've got to hand over the title at some point, why not just let them have it and they can handle your business as it comes up?

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

chirakawa, if you would have seen what we seen in 16 snowbird seasons in Yuma, AZ. with consignment lots you would know where I'm coming from. It has been several lots involved in scams and they pick on the senior population in the winter here. They don't need the title until they have a positive sale. That way you know when the transaction is going down and the buyer knows they are getting the title. Yes, the title goes both directions. Two personal friends have been fortunate enough to have gotten their money, one from the lot when they appeared with a sheriff's deputy, and the other who held his title, lucky for him, and filled a stolen vehicle report with the Yuma City police and was paid off by his insurance company. That particular lot owner is now in the Iron Wigwam in California. And another lot had scams going between Pima County and Yuma County that the folks flat out lost their motorhomes and got nothing! Yes, lots look good, but until you have "been had" you have no clue.

19 minutes ago, bobsallyh said:

chirakawa, if you would have seen what we seen in 16 snowbird seasons in Yuma, AZ. with consignment lots you would know where I'm coming from. It has been several lots involved in scams and they pick on the senior population in the winter here. They don't need the title until they have a positive sale. That way you know when the transaction is going down and the buyer knows they are getting the title. Yes, the title goes both directions. Two personal friends have been fortunate enough to have gotten their money, one from the lot when they appeared with a sheriff's deputy, and the other who held his title, lucky for him, and filled a stolen vehicle report with the Yuma City police and was paid off by his insurance company. That particular lot owner is now in the Iron Wigwam in California. And another lot had scams going between Pima County and Yuma County that the folks flat out lost their motorhomes and got nothing! Yes, lots look good, but until you have "been had" you have no clue.

hear reports out of the Phoenix valley of similar doings. Not every year, but it happens.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

10 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

hear reports out of the Phoenix valley of similar doings. Not every year, but it happens.

I don't recall any major news stories out of Yuma on this but friends of ours who were caught up in a scam sales operation out of Tucson back in 2010 that was still in the news up into 2016. In poking about the internet I found a story from Bakersfield, CA that involved people also in Yuma but this one is on new RVs.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI