Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We placed ours at PPL consignment in Houston and all we had to do was to get a rider on our insurance at a cost of around $35. The whole consignment process was simple and so glad to sell it easily (with a month).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JFunk, this isn't regarding insurance but if you go the consignment route, be sure YOU hold the title. Don't give the title to them. If they don't want to do business that way don't walk away, drive away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

JFunk, this isn't regarding insurance but if you go the consignment route, be sure YOU hold the title. Don't give the title to them. If they don't want to do business that way don't walk away, drive away!

Why?  If they are a legitimate dealer, they're not going to steal your RV.  If they're not legitimate, why would you do business with them?  You've got to hand over the title at some point, why not just let them have it and they can handle your business as it comes up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

chirakawa, if you would have seen what we seen in 16 snowbird seasons in Yuma, AZ. with consignment lots you would know where I'm coming from. It has been several lots involved in scams and they pick on the senior population in the winter here. They don't need the title until they have a positive sale. That way you know when the transaction is going down and the buyer knows they are getting the title. Yes, the title goes both directions. Two personal friends have been fortunate enough to have gotten their money, one from the lot when they appeared with a sheriff's deputy, and the other who held his title, lucky for him, and filled a stolen vehicle report with the Yuma City police and was paid off by his insurance company. That particular lot owner is now in the Iron Wigwam in California. And another lot had scams going between Pima County and Yuma County that the folks flat out lost their motorhomes and got nothing! Yes, lots look good, but until you have "been had" you have no clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bobsallyh said:

chirakawa, if you would have seen what we seen in 16 snowbird seasons in Yuma, AZ. with consignment lots you would know where I'm coming from. It has been several lots involved in scams and they pick on the senior population in the winter here. They don't need the title until they have a positive sale. That way you know when the transaction is going down and the buyer knows they are getting the title. Yes, the title goes both directions. Two personal friends have been fortunate enough to have gotten their money, one from the lot when they appeared with a sheriff's deputy, and the other who held his title, lucky for him, and filled a stolen vehicle report with the Yuma City police and was paid off by his insurance company. That particular lot owner is now in the Iron Wigwam in California. And another lot had scams going between Pima County and Yuma County that the folks flat out lost their motorhomes and got nothing! Yes, lots look good, but until you have "been had" you have no clue.

hear reports out of the Phoenix valley of similar doings. Not every year, but it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

hear reports out of the Phoenix valley of similar doings. Not every year, but it happens.

I don't recall any major news stories out of Yuma on this but friends of ours who were caught up in a scam sales operation out of Tucson back in 2010 that was still in the news up into 2016. In poking about the internet I found a story from Bakersfield, CA that involved people also in Yuma but this one is on new RVs.

Edited by Kirk W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had an insurance man that I trusted, I would talk it over with him, since it will not be on your property or in paid storage elsewhere, that would probably require some extra rider or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

Rv Share

Rv Insurance Benefits.com Logo

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

AGS Now Hiring

RV Pet Safety

RVTravel.com Logo



×
×
  • Create New...