300’ cellular tower at Escapees Care?

chiefneon

Thanks for the links Kirk! That was very informative reading, exhausting, but informative. That last link seems to infer the big 300' towers will be used like a collector for the small "towers" when/if 5G becomes a reality everywhere.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/6/2019 at 9:31 AM, Ray,IN said:

Thanks for the links Kirk! That was very informative reading, exhausting, but informative. That last link seems to infer the big 300' towers will be used like a collector for the small "towers" when/if 5G becomes a reality everywhere.

If this is the case there's even less reason for concern because the relay antennas will be at the top of the 300 ft. tower and aiming their signals towards the horizon, well above anyone on the ground.  Nothing to worry about unless you're a bird or in a balloon and staying too close to the antennas. 

Edited by Lou Schneider

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like once again that the vocal minority has ruled over the silent majority. The much needed (&wanted) cell tower at CARE won’t be constructed on CARE property. This decision, in my opinion, was driven by hysteria & ignorance.

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

45 minutes ago, dewilso said:

Looks like once again that the vocal minority has ruled over the silent majority. The much needed (&wanted) cell tower at CARE won’t be constructed on CARE property. This decision, in my opinion, was driven by hysteria & ignorance.

Howdy!

Thats to bad. I was hoping for a solution to the AT&T problems we have here. 

“Happy Trails”

Chiefneon 

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

It's the state of the world today, particularly when it comes to technology that people don't understand.  Flat earthers, anti-vaxx nuts, and anti-cellular idiots.

I'm not a flat earther or anti-cellular.  I wouldn't be the least bit worried about any radio signal damage.  I can certainly be an idiot at times.  However, I probably wouldn't want a 300' tower of any kind in my back yard.  I assume it's the residents there who are kicking up a fuss, maybe that is part of the reason.  Maybe cellular service is not on the top of their priority list.

I do know that it's the state of the world today, if someone disagrees with us, we call them hysterical or ignorant.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Bet it is the people who own property/houses there and have internet via their cable service.  Wonder how much longer the Care Facility will be there.  A way to help fund it is lost.  Sad.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I've lived in Rainbow's End for almost 17 years. It is, in fact, many residents of Rainbow's End who object to having a 300 foot cell tower in our community. A "vocal minority" may be the opinion of some, but there was no polling done by CARE's manager or board of directors. They have no idea how many property owners are for or against having a cell tower here. Nor do they know how many property owners use AT&T's service, as opposed to other cell services. They just decided that it was good for our community because it was good for AT&T users and CARE's bottom line, and never notified any of us (or Escapees, for that matter), that they were considering such a project. No meetings, no information, no announcements, no consideration for the community that has supported CARE from its very inception. We haven't even been allowed to discuss the issue on our own Park Email system, but are being disparaged for not being blindly supportive of CARE. 

Some of us "naysayers" do have worries about the possible health effects of RFR, mainly because a cell tower will mean uncontrolled exposure for everyone who lives here. We can't turn it off like a cell phone or router. So please forgive us for wanting to have a choice, particularly with the 5G service (which CARE claims won't be on the tower). Health experts who are studying it, will tell you that, "We don't know what we don't know." Other studies on the health effects of cell towers are available, along with the ones from other countries that are far ahead of the U.S. on this issue. Mock if you need to feel somehow superior, but know that you're just like the smoker blowing your smoke in our faces. (Speaking of... it took 50 years for the health industry to figure out that tobacco was killing us, while Big Tobacco still contended that it was safe.)   

Some of us are also concerned with the values of our property, since many of us have investments upwards of $100,000 in our homes. The National Realtors Ass'n has done studies showing that properties within 500 yards of cell towers can lose sale value of 10 - 20%, simply due to a buyer's mere perception that cell towers cause health issues. That, and who wants the ugly equivalent of a 30-story building in their back yard or right down the block? I'd rather see the moon rise without a monstrous metal tower and flashing red light in my night sky, thank you. 

I've not heard a single objector make any claims about brain damage from cell phone towers, and find it to be pretty insulting that some of you disparage others on the basis of your opinion about OUR concerns and knowledge on the issue. One of the people objecting to this tower build, happens to have a PhD in Physics, and took meter readings in areas of Rainbow's End. Our exposure levels (having 5 other towers within a 2 mile radius, the tallest being less than 1/2 mile from CARE) are already above that of the established permissible limits for radiofrequency radiation in Europe. But some of you seem to think that's not a valid enough concern, because YOU want better AT&T service here. Have you looked at CARE's tax returns? The money that CARE would receive for the AT&T lease, is less than 10% of their average annual contributions. As well, those dollars would presumably be taxed as income unrelated to the business. With the 14 new sites currently being built, the higher rate they plan on charging for those sites, and the fact that they're building them for minimum upkeep, I would think that the piddly $1000 per month from a cell tower lease is not going to make or break them... given proper management of funds. Kay Peterson was a friend and client of mine. She'd NEVER have favored bringing anything into this community that had the slightest possibility of a health hazard for any of us - most especially to the people who live at CARE! 

So, for those of you who don't have any skin in this game, I would suggest that your opinions don't count for much, and your insults aren't appreciated. If you'd offered your expertise or your own research in order to educate us, that would have been more welcome. If you want better cell service while you're here, there are options that won't affect the permanent residents of this park. For those of you who may live here, I would encourage you to talk to your neighbors and listen to their concerns, instead of making fun of them. Some of us don't really care about cell service or wireless everything for the future, and some of us aren't going to live long enough to waste time worrying about any health issues a tower might cause. The truth is that none of us have all the answers here. Just because a person objects to a 300 foot tower in the vicinity of their home, doesn't mean that they don't support CARE. If you're worried about their loss of potential income, perhaps you can donate more liberally. 

Edited by skpgirl
name removal

Well written skpgirl.   It sounds like you have some of that "common sense" Kirk referred to.

I don't have any skin in this game, but I certainly can understand not wanting a tower that large in the neighborhood.  I don't think some people realize just how huge of a structure it is.  We're not talking about a fake cactus or some imitation pine tree.

Good luck, hope this turns out to the satisfaction of most, or at least with consideration for all points of view.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

skpgirl, everyone that visits Rainbows End has some skin  in the game.  The cell service there is not all that good and we do deserve better.  

As for effecting property values, if I were buying in there, a good cell signal would be a plus over poor cell service.  I am a HAM radio operator and am well aware of RF (radio frequency) effects on people.  When we exceed certain power levels, we have to perform a RF study based on antenna height and power.  And I can run considerably more power than these cell towers run.

Additionally, the tower installers could simply lease the land directly across the road from the CARE center and build it there and the center would get no benefit of the lease payments and you would still have the cell tower looming over you.  The tower may be owned by AT&T, but will most likely be leased to other cell providers.

I think all of the Nay-Sayers need to wear little aluminum foil hats if it is that big of a worry.  Personally, I think it will enhance property values and is no more health risk than driving down the road  while by the cell phone.  I get really upset at under-informed people. that play on others lack of information.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

1 hour ago, TXiceman said:

I think all of the Nay-Sayers need to wear little aluminum foil hats if it is that big of a worry.

LMAO

1f4.jpeg

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

16 hours ago, TXiceman said:

I think all of the Nay-Sayers need to wear little aluminum foil hats if it is that big of a worry.  Personally, I think it will enhance property values and is no more health risk than driving down the road  while by the cell phone.  I get really upset at under-informed people. that play on others lack of information.

Oh, come on man, with HARD SCIENTIFIC evidence like "we don't know what we don't know," how can you possibly argue!!  I too get sick of people making things up and wasting time and resources.  I'm also a ham operator, as well as being trained and licensed in microwave.  This is one of my playgrounds:

PvitiaA.jpg

On 10/6/2019 at 1:21 AM, Carlos said:

I see that you’re an anti-5g shill here. That’s cool, can you address the claim that 5g is 1K more powerful than 4g?

I’m not anti 5G as the speed increase will be AWESOME and needed for technology just over the horizon. But I do believe that there will be some health issues with it. Not to mention that there will be a CRAP load of more antennas needed. My cousin is making a documentary about this very topic right now. 
Just like years ago when vaping was starting out and people were saying that it is better then smoking regular cigarettes. Fast forward 4-5 years latter. They are sounding the alarms of the risks of vaping and more health risks associated with it. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

1 hour ago, rynosback said:

I’m not anti 5G as the speed increase will be AWESOME and needed for technology just over the horizon. But I do believe that there will be some health issues with it. Not to mention that there will be a CRAP load of more antennas needed. My cousin is making a documentary about this very topic right now. 
Just like years ago when vaping was starting out and people were saying that it is better then smoking regular cigarettes. Fast forward 4-5 years latter. They are sounding the alarms of the risks of vaping and more health risks associated with it. 

No one with any scientific background (ie someone who passed basic biology and chemistry) ever thought vaping was good - - you have to get it into vapor form and that into the lungs - unless it is moist air it will hurt the lungs!

What health issues?  We're 20+ years into using cell phones, where are all of the cases of cell phone caused problems.   Where are all the cases of microwave radiation problems from having them in homes - remember that one?   

Everyone who ate carrots in 1890 died.  Doesn't mean carrots was the cause.  That's the problem with epidemiological studies that try to make causal relationships; without a mechanism of action, it is just coincidence.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Correlation is not causation. One of my favorite phrases to remind me that changing one thing does not mean it caused any other thing that happened at the same time. For years I thought I was allergic to milk because after abstaining from all milk products for three months then drinking a glass of milk I had a humongous headache. But I eventually learned that headaches are not a symptom of an allergy.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Fast forward a couple months; all the media hype was wrong about various acute conditions.  Or at least, the kind of vaping products involved.  They are all related to canabis oils, and not the PG/EG nicotine flavor vapes.  Just more evidence that mainstream media should not be trusted on ANY topic of science, tech, or medicine.  Also, it's still looking like vaping is "less terrible" than smoking.  Nobody ever claimed it was GOOD for you.  

There's also the money trail.  Many government agencies issued bonds based on future cigarette taxes.  With smoking going away, they are now worthless bonds and the municipalities are near bankrupt.  They want to bring tobacco BACK so they can steal the money they expected to from smokers.

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

No one with any scientific background (ie someone who passed basic biology and chemistry) ever thought vaping was good - - you have to get it into vapor form and that into the lungs - unless it is moist air it will hurt the lungs!

What health issues?  We're 20+ years into using cell phones, where are all of the cases of cell phone caused problems.   Where are all the cases of microwave radiation problems from having them in homes - remember that one?   

Everyone who ate carrots in 1890 died.  Doesn't mean carrots was the cause.  That's the problem with epidemiological studies that try to make causal relationships; without a mechanism of action, it is just coincidence.   

You should re-read what I wrote. I never said that vaping was healthy. But it was less harmful to take in a vapor vs a carcinogen. Obviously any smoking of any sort is not healthy. People have been smoking for DECADES and get cancer and die. You have young adults that are dying after a short period of time of vaping. And please do not take that statement as an absolute statement that you will die if you vape as peoples genetics I think determine what they are susceptible too.

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

9 minutes ago, rynosback said:

You should re-read what I wrote. I never said that vaping was healthy. But it was less harmful to take in a vapor vs a carcinogen. Obviously any smoking of any sort is not healthy. People have been smoking for DECADES and get cancer and die. You have young adults that are dying after a short period of time of vaping. And please do not take that statement as an absolute statement that you will die if you vape as peoples genetics I think determine what they are susceptible too.

Did you read what I wrote?  If one has a minimal basic biology/chemistry education one knows that any thing introduced into the lungs except moist air, has adverse effects.    There is no good vaping.  And if you vape, you are doing harm to yourself.  How much will be based upon a lot of things, but harm nonetheless.   And we don't know what effect that vapor has on those around you.   I am quit sure that we will see second-hand vapor damage, just like second-hand smoke damage.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834