Splendid dryer quit heating

Ronbo

My dryer quit heating. There is a cover on the back that comes off. There are 2 smaller screws on the cover that hold the heating element and thermostats on. After removing all the screws, you then need to remove the screws holding the thermostats on. There is 1 screw in each. The one with the silver dot is what they call the one shot thermostat. It opens at 220f or when it decides to go bad. The one with the purple dot is the cycling thermostat. It opens at 150f and closes 25f lower. It almost never goes bad. It is also hard to find a replacement. I haven’t been able to yet. 

I went to an appliance parts place and he sold me part no. LA-1053. I used the thermal fuse, it has numbers  on the face. It opens at 239. Not enough difference to worry about. It replaces the one with the silver dot. If you check them with an ohm meter, the one that is open will be bad. You will need to bend the tabs down to get it to all fit crack together. It is easily done by just pushing down on the connector after it is attached to the thermostat. The other 2 thermostats in the kit won’t be used. They are the cycling thermostats but have too high a temperature for our machines. You can call Splendide in Oregon but I am sure they will want your first born for the parts. 

I hope this helps someone to repair their dryer. The actual repair is quick and easy, but accessing the back of the machine is what takes the time.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Yea, getting it out of the cabinet will be a major task for our coach. When it was installed, It appears the techs made it a "press-fit". I put that part# in my MH appliance file, thanks.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 weeks later...

OK....so I have the vented combo unit and have had a recurring problem.  The first time, I pulled it out and cleaned up the Lint all the down into the machine as possible. The dryer functioned for about 5 loads then back to shutting down again during the dry cycle.  With this info about the thermostats, it makes me wonder if maybe my issue was two fold,  Lint and Thermostat?

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

On 10/16/2019 at 10:35 PM, acampingwewillgo said:

OK....so I have the vented combo unit and have had a recurring problem.  

Have you done the 3-cycle wash procedure to help clear out lint?  IIRC, Splendide recommends doing it monthly.  You can call customer service and speak with a technician.  They will email you the procedure.

2 hours ago, remoandiris said:

Have you done the 3-cycle wash procedure to help clear out lint?  IIRC, Splendide recommends doing it monthly.  You can call customer service and speak with a technician.  They will email you the procedure.

About every 6 months my wife notices the drying time gets longer and doing the procedure fixes the problem.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

48 minutes ago, acampingwewillgo said:

We have done the procedure with the special detergent but I'll have to ask the wife about the frequency she is doing that wash. Thank you..

The last time I spoke with a  person at Westland Sales about this issue, he suggested adding an Afresh tablet to the flush procedure.  It appears to be strong detergent designed to "clean out" front loading washers. It is sold at Walmart and costs ~$10 for enough for about two months worth of cleaning cycles.  I can't swear that it helps, but it sure can't hurt.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

• 4 years later...